Former President John Dramani Mahama has charged newly elected national executives of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) to prepare to hit the ground running.
Describing the 2024 general election as a critical one, Mr Mahama noted that the arduous task ahead requires the uninterrupted attention of the executives with their assigned mandates.
Delivering a speech at the just-ended national congress, the 2020 presidential candidate of the NDC said “We must cut the celebration and set to work immediately.”
“These executives have been elected by the delegates to serve a mandate until 2026 and it is going to be a very important mandate because a most critical election with a higher stake is due in 2024 and these executives are going to oversee it.
“I believe they understand the responsibility that has been thrust on their shoulders. So this celebration must be very short. We must cut the celebration and set to work immediately,” he stressed on Sunday morning.
Mr Mahama further called for unity post the internal elections and rallied victors and losers in the election to engage in conciliatory acts.
According to him, there is enough room under the umbrella for everyone.
“We are all the winners, but those who were elected must be gracious in victory and those who have lost, let us understand that there is a lot of room under the umbrella.
“The party might be asking them to serve in other capacities and we are all going to work together to ensure that those who were not elected have a role to play in the victory of 2024,” he noted.
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- ‘I’ve had frank conversations with Haruna Iddrisu’ – Ato Forson reveals
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- ‘Onyame Akatua’ not a diss to Daddy Lumba – Great Ampong
- Independent Tax Appeals Board to improve ease of doing business in Ghana – American Chamber of Commerce
- One dead as vehicle runs into traders at Suame
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Suspected food poisoning: Waakye kills 5 including pregnant woman
- Not everything is based on luck – Camidoh speaks about making ‘Sugarcane’ a hit
- PHDC CEO leads community engagement ahead of establishment of Africa’s first petroleum and petrochemical hub
- Akufo-Addo sends special message to Mali
- Malta Guinness WPL: Ampem Darkoa up against Supreme Ladies; Hasaacas Ladies host LadyStrikers
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Anny Osabutey: If only I could shake his hands…portrait of a child’s thought
- Individual bondholders petition Togbe Afede over Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Togbe Afede XIV backs individual bondholders’ call for exclusion from Domestic Debt Exchange
- Ukraine: US sanctions Chinese firm helping Russia’s Wagner Group
- Court threatens to strike out case against Nana Agradaa as police fail to follow orders
- 11 signs you broke his heart