Renowned sound engineer and music producer, Appiah Darkwah popularly known as Appietus has heaped praises on veteran Highlife artiste, Daddy Lumba, for inspiring him at the early stages of his career.
Speaking on Kumasi-based Pure FM, the outstanding beatmaker disclosed that it was Lumba’s huge payment for a service he (Appietus) rendered to him that encouraged him to venture into music production.
“Daddy Lumba was the first artiste to give me a substantial amount of money in my career. He came to the studio and we had a discussion, afterwards, he went out and brought a jute bag saying he had brought me drinks.
“I carried the bag home without checking its contents. The following day, my wife asked me if I won’t send the money to the bank so I got confused.”
“Then she told me the bag I brought was filled with cash. You know, when we started it [music], it was not about the money but rather the talent”, he said.
Appietus’ comments come days after the Aben Woha hitmaker has been heavily criticised for allegedly swindling Gospel singer, Great Ampong when they worked together on an album in 2015.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display