The family of the man who was manhandled in custody till he died and allegedly buried him secretly is calling for the arrest of the three police officers involved in the act.
The deceased, Abu Bukari Gbaharah was reported to have smashed the windscreen of the car belonging to the Manager of Nkoranman Rural bank and was sent to the Seikwa police station where it is alleged he was handcuffed to a pillar at the station.
When his health deteriorated, died. However, the officers, with the help of others, secretly buried him but later exhumed him when rumours went round according to reports.
Although the family commends the Inspector General of Police, James Oppong Buannuh as well as the Bono Regional Police Commander for interdicting the officers, they insist arresting them will resonate well with the family.
Speaking to JoyNews during the one week celebration, the deceased’s senior brother, Haruna Bukari Gbaharah has appealing to the police to take steps and release the body to the family.
He stated that since the body of his brother has been exhumed, the reburial will take place in their hometown after performing some rituals in line with the tradition of the people of Sissala.
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- South Africa calls on MTN, Ghana to resolve $773m tax dispute
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Chicago prosecutor drops R Kelly’s sex-abuse charges
- Leicester City sign Ghanaian youngster Nathan Opoku
- Debt Exchange: NIC to suspend minimum capital requirements, CAR of insurance firms for 2 years
- Ghana places 72nd, stagnates in 2022 Corruption Perceptions Index
- Joy Entertainment partners Kwabena Kwabena for Love Night Concert
- Kweku Allotey: Why Alan Kyerematen is the grassroots people’s choice
- Galamsey: Teenager drowns in River Offin, another missing
- Police investigate alleged murder of Gospel musician’s brother by officers
- Build resilience at Ghana’s borders – Security Expert cautions Government
- Pay more attention to educational needs of deprived communities – Philanthropist tells Government
- International Needs Ghana commissions GH₵58K mechanical borehole at Nuaxorve
- NDC gives government 30 days to compensate victims of Ayawaso West Wuogon violence or…
- Stonebwoy talks Afrobeats, new album, Ghana’s popularity on The Breakfast Club
- Government rolls out National Rental Assistance Scheme to support low-income households
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- Government commits GH¢30m into implementation of the National Rental Assistance Scheme
- Messi says World Cup trophy ‘called out’ to him
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Would you flirt with your boss for a salary increase?