While celebrating his 34th birthday on Saturday (October 24), Drake dropped a major announcement for his October’s Very Own fans: his heavily anticipated next studio album, Certified Love Boy, will be released in January 2021.
The award-winning artist teased his upcoming project on Instagram with a short video clip where he gently pays homage to the covers of his first two mixtapes Comeback Season and So Far Gone by showing a young boy who is reaching for leaves falling from the sky. The teaser then recreates some of his quintessential album covers including Take Care, Nothing Was The Same, and Dark Lane Demo Tapes.
The news comes after he apparently scrapped plans to release his sixth studio album during the summer of 2020. He teased the release in April after dropping Dark Lane Demo Tapes.
View this post on Instagram
My brothers @oliverelkhatib @ovonoel put together alot of the songs people have been asking for (some leaks and some joints from SoundCloud and some new vibes) DARK LANE DEMO TAPES out everywhere at midnight…also my 6th STUDIO ALBUM DROPPING SUMMER 2020!!! Lucky number 6 😈 soon fwd
Instead, he kept fans wanting more after dropping his first single from Certified Lover Boy, “Laugh Now, Cry Later,” featuring Lil Durk. Paired with a music video shot at the Nike Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon, the melodic track was the perfect appetizer for a full course album.
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Capt Ibrahim Traoré: From shy schoolboy to military ruler
- Uganda confirms death of another medic from Ebola
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- The real reason men cheat is sadder than expected
- If DVLA doesn’t reduce charges, fares will be increased by 30% – GPRTU warns
- Liberia arrests 3, seizes $100m cocaine haul
- World Bank cuts Ghana’s growth rate to 3.5% in 2022
- IMF negotiations: Government must work with greater alacrity – Mahama
- Akufo-Addo to meet House of Chiefs, MMDCEs today over galamsey menace
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Afenyo-Markin donates tools and equipment to Winneba NVTI students
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- Ghana Hotels Association to break away from Ghana Tourism Federation￼
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree