The dream of having a clean and effective drainage system in Accra hangs in the balance as the proposed dredging of the Korle Lagoon is yet to start.
Two months ago, the Local Government ministry and the Accra Metropolitan Assembly drew up the Accra Sanitary Sewer and Storm Water Alleviation Project which was to have started by the end of last month.
However five days into July, the project is yet to start leaving residents of Korle-Gonno and Accra worried even as the rains set in.
JOY NEWS’ Francis Abban reported that the dredging of the lagoon will tarry for a while.
The Public Relations Manager of Zoomlion Ghana Limited, Robert Coleman informed JOY NEWS the project will kick start once the parliamentary approval is given for the procurement of the requisite equipment needed for the dredging.
In addition to dredging the Korle lagoon, the project aims to construct a sedimentation basin upstream and an under street drainage system for Mataheko, Mamprobi, South Kaneshie and Odawnaa.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- Judiciary must not be seen as bias in setting timelines for cases – Pumpuni Asante
- Seun Kuti opens up on experience in ‘three-person cell’ with 30 inmates
- We use ‘second-hand’ diapers, toilet rolls during menses – Girls admit as Mace supplies free sanitary pads
- Air New Zealand weighing passengers before flying
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- Supreme Court verdict sets the rule clear going forward – Daniel Domelevo
- I have no regret serving as Auditor-General – Yao Domelevo
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- EC sets June 27 for Assin North by-election
- 2023 AfroSport Summit: LaLiga joins conference for second straight year
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Tighten rules of Public Financial Management Act to cut budget deficit – Terkper
- Adanwomasehene inaugurates 3-unit classroom block for Adanwomase R/C Primary
- Ghana to fully digitize GMet weather observation system
- Climate Change Talks: Loss and Damage Fund and GST take centre stage as AGN strategises for Bonn SB58