The Electoral Commission (EC) Monday, July 6, 2020, said it had dismissed three temporary officers over the theft of eight Form 1A forms at the Sagnarigu Municipality in the Northern Region and cautioned that it would not shield any officer caught in wrongdoing.
The EC’s attention was drawn to the stolen forms by three agents of a political party on Saturday, July 4, the Commission said in a statement, signed by the Acting Director of Public Affairs, Mrs Sylvia Annoh, and copied to the Ghana News Agency.
It said the agent, Alhassan Abdullai Mohammed, had been apprehended by the Police and would be dealt with in accordance with the law.
However, it explained that the officers were manning the registration kits at the District Office where the theft occurred.
“This comes to astute the General Public that the Electoral Commission will not shield any staff: permanent or temporary who engages in misconduct during the Voters Registration Exercise, “it said.
“We urge the General Public to draw the Electoral Commission’s attention to acts of misconduct that tend to violate the protocols and guidelines put in place to govern the Voters Registration Exercise.”
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- I didn’t attend the seminary to become a Priest – Rev. Akua Boateng
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- Ghana is not poor, we are only being poorly managed – Dr. Ali-Nakyea
- Organ-trafficking Nigerian politician, wife found guilty
- 7 surprisingly erotic zones in the body
- National Youth Conference on Natural Resources and Environmental Governance launched
- Livestream: Parliament to vote on Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Attack on Golden Star Wassa: Company suspends operation at Benso site
- After standoff and brief suspension, Parliament regroups to vote on new appointees
- Black Stars Playbook: The Stars struggle to align in Chris Hughton’s first game
- NPP using ‘useless’ tactics to delay voting on ministerial nominees – Murtala Mohammed
- How to look chic and modest in a scarf
- Medikal raps better than most of the female rappers except me – Eno Barony
- I wanted something that reflected Africa – Sheryl Lee Ralph on why she wore kente to NAACP
- ICGC’s CT Praise to drop ‘Lala Dance Medley’ ahead of The Encounter album
- Pregnant mother’s death in Oti Region island community sparks healthcare concern
- Esmond Quansah: Lead pollution, Ghana’s ticking time-bomb
- Support Ghana’s efforts to restore debt sustainability – IMF to bilateral creditors
- We’re making progress towards securing a deal with China – Ofori-Atta