The Electoral Commission (EC) has maintained its commitment to announce the Presidential election results within 24 hours after the ballots have been cast.
In an invitation copied to Myjoyonline.com, the Jean Mensa-led EC said at 5 pm today, the Commission will declare the results for Ghanaians to know the next occupant of the Jubilee House.
Ghanaians went to the polls on December 7, to elect determine the new President of the country for the eighth term since the inception of the Fourth Republic.
Legislators numbers 275 were also elected to serve for a four-year term.
This comes hours after 38,622 polling stations nationwide were opened for 10 hours to allow electorates to exercise their franchise. After that, counting and collation have been ongoing.
The EC prior to the election had said it would declare the results of the presidential results in 24 hours.
This year’s election will go down in Ghana’s electoral history as the biggest slate of candidates since the country began the practice of democracy.
The candidate who secures 50 per cent plus one eligible votes in the Presidential contest will be declared the winner.
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Operation Halt must be sustained, extended to tributaries of major rivers – Defence Minister
Akufo-Addo is not against mining, he is helping to improve it – Lands Minister
Pupils travel 3 hours barefoot on muddy road to school in Accra
Military not harassing legal miners – Dominic Nitiwul
2021 Wolves Cup to be launched on Wednesday
Israel: Hamas launches rocket attack on Tel Aviv
Military taskforce deployed to fight illegal mining facing local resistance – Defense Minister
Manchester City win Premier League title after Manchester United lose to Leicester
Soyuncu’s header gives Leicester win at Man Utd to hand Man City title
3 communities in Krachi East Municipality calls on government for portable water
3 police officers, others remanded for alleged secret burial
Decision to reinstate Kwabena Agyepong was unanimous – Freddie Blay
Military fight illegal miners in ‘Operation Halt’
One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives