Audio By Carbonatix
The Ministry of Education has launched investigations into allegations circulating on social media that placement into some senior high schools can be influenced through bribery.
The probe follows a viral post attributed to Gertrude Adzo Borklo, who claimed that gaining admission into Aburi Girls’ Senior High School costs GH₵15,000.
In a statement issued on Thursday, September 25, and signed by Deputy Minister for Education, Dr Clement Abas Apaak, the Ministry said it views the matter “with the utmost seriousness” and has initiated immediate investigations.
According to the Ministry, the allegation appears to feed into a “conspiratorial narrative” aimed at creating the false impression that the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) Computerised School Placement System is for sale.
“The BECE Computerised School Placement System is entirely free of charge. At no point is payment required to access this service,” the statement emphasised.
The Ministry revealed that attempts to reach the person behind the original post have so far been unsuccessful, as her account was deactivated shortly after publication. It also noted that similar claims are being spread by other anonymous accounts.
To track those involved, the Ministry said it is working closely with National Security, the Cyber Security Authority, and other agencies.
Parents and the public have been urged to report anyone demanding money for school placements. Two dedicated hotlines have been made available:
054 154 8223 (Calls)
024 490 8957 (WhatsApp)
The statement concluded with a call to action: “The integrity and transparency of Ghana’s school placement system must be safeguarded. We urge the public to help expose unscrupulous people who seek to benefit unduly from this important national exercise.”

Latest Stories
-
The party has lost ground – Paul Afoko breaks long silence to launch NPP comeback
6 minutes -
Panic in Sunyani: Chiefs to perform rituals after mystery deaths of two successive headteachers
27 minutes -
“It is worrying” – Prof. Akosa sounds alarm over failing medical ethics
52 minutes -
World Cup reality check: Mexico beat fringe Black Stars 2-0 in Puebla friendly
1 hour -
Black Stars lose 2-0 to Mexico in pre-World Cup friendly in Puebla
2 hours -
Free speech: MFWA slams ‘weaponisation’ of state laws
2 hours -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
3 hours -
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
3 hours -
UN releases $60m from central fund to tackle lethal Ebola outbreak
3 hours -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
5 hours -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
6 hours -
“You do not need my permission” – Bagbin clears misconception over arresting MPs
6 hours -
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
6 hours -
Lupita Nyong’o rejects criticism of Helen of Troy role
7 hours -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: GN Savings and Loans licence restoration and the Abronye bail debate
7 hours