An Electric welder who hit a mason’s head with a metallic hammer has been sentenced to six months imprisonment by an Accra Circuit Court.
Yao Dzikunu, 27, was also ordered to pay a compensation of ¢1,500 to the complainant Ezekiel Shekri.
The court presided over by Ellen Ofei Ayeh convicted Dzikunu on his plea. Convicting the accused, the court noted that Dzikunu was a first.
Prosecuting Chief Inspector, Emmanuel Agyei narrated that Shekri and the Dzikunu resided at Teshie and Nungua, respectively.
According to the prosecutor, on August 8, this year, the complainant sent pieces of iron rods to Dzikunu’s shop at Teshie Zongo for them to be bent for his work.
Dzikunu received the iron rods and was working on them when his brother Atiso Vorsah came and stopped Dzikunu and asked the complainant to pay ¢50.
As a result, an argument ensued between Vorsah and Shekri which Dzikunu separated them.
The prosecution said afterwards, Dzikunu attacked Shekri with a metallic Hammer and Shekri sustained a deep cut on his head.
Witnesses around the scene apprehended Dzikunu and handed him over to the Police at Nungua.
When the complainant went to the Police at Nungua, he was given a Police medical form to seek treatment at the hospital.
The prosecution said during investigations, the metallic hammer was retrieved from Dzikunu.
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- 30 communities in Central and Greater Accra Regions to experience ‘dumsor’
- ‘I dread pain and abuse’ – A female head porter opens up on her daily trauma
- Police arrest notorious armed robber in Tema
- ‘Government is either feigning incompetence on the point of how we fix structures or is pretending to fix them’ – Barker-Vormawor
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme; GES directs co-operation
- Virologist warns of third wave of Covid-19 in Ghana
- Covid-19: GHS to roll out second doses from May 19
- NSMQ2021: Mfantsipim School begins redemption campaign from regional qualifiers
- 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Black Stars to camp in Europe despite postponement
Burglars target Nigeria president’s chief of staff
Climate change: Zoggu residents cannot access water
Amanase residents burn fetish priest’s car over suspected ritual murder
Actor sues TikTok for using her voice in viral tool
Nine dead after shooting at Russian school
Apple’s UK users deserve app price compensation, claim says
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Over 10 make-shift structures razed down by fire at Krofrom-Kumasi
Tema Police Command records 3 attempted murder cases in first quarter of 2021
MMDCEs and MPs must collaborate to stimulate development – Kwadaso MP
Gov’t to roll out eight additional interventions this month under Ghana CARES programme-Ofori-Atta
#FixTheCountry: Put your concerns in a workable format so we engage – Government to protesters
Trade Minister commends Ibrahim Mahama for investing in cement industry
NSMQ2021: Get trainers for your students to do better – Northern Region Education Director to school heads
‘Culture of silence’ rumours are false; media is doing well – Oppong Nkrumah