The capital city of Accra is all pumped up for the first major party of the year as party lovers have marked Friday, January 4, 2019, on their calendars for Joy FM's 90s Jam.
The Silver Star Towers is the place to be as music lovers and patrons come home to good music on the rooftop.
The annual Joy FM 90s Jam, a major event on the country’s entertainment calendar, is the perfect occasion to give Ghanaians the opportunity to dance to all the 90s’ hits.
The 1990s came with good music - R&B and rap - and classic fashion. That era gave birth to what is now, without a doubt, the biggest music genre in Ghana – hiplife.
The Joy FM 90s Jam Party is that event that gives music lovers another rare opportunity to dust off their combat boots, wear their hoodies, baggy jeans, and bling blings.
On the night, DJ Black, Sammy Forson and Andy Dosty and smooth talker Lexis Bill, host of Drive Time on Joy will be in charge of affairs. Nii Ayi Tagoe is the guest DJ for the evening.
Some local musicians who drove the music chat crazy in the 90s will also be in attendance to take patrons down memory lane.
On the night, patrons will be thrilled with songs from the likes of Salt-N-Pepa, Snoop Doggy, 2Pac, MC Hammer and other chart toppers.
The 1990s gave music lovers a wide repertoire of chart-topping artistes and songs that are still being enjoyed to date.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney
- Video: I’ll be tagged greedy if I disclose how much I invested with Menzgold – Lil Win
- Celine Dion, Chance pull tracks with R. Kelly
- Rihanna takes father to court in trademark dispute
- #10YearChallenge: Multimedia staffs chime in
- Video: If you have sex tape of me and Adebayor prove it for $100k – Yvonne Okoro
- #10yearchallenge: See epic throwback photos of Ghanaian celebs
- Video: I’m not exclusive until you marry me – Yvonne Okoro
- Video: I would’ve accepted Menzgold ambassador deal – Yvonne Okoro
- 'You’ve shown me what real love is' – Becca celebrates husband's birthday
- Stop the rubbish; I never invested in Menzgold – Yvonne Nelson
- Menzgold-endorsing celebs not to blame – Brand expert