The capital city of Accra is all pumped up for the first major party of the year as party lovers have marked Friday, January 4, 2019, on their calendars for Joy FM's 90s Jam.
The Silver Star Towers is the place to be as music lovers and patrons come home to good music on the rooftop.
The annual Joy FM 90s Jam, a major event on the country’s entertainment calendar, is the perfect occasion to give Ghanaians the opportunity to dance to all the 90s’ hits.
The 1990s came with good music - R&B and rap - and classic fashion. That era gave birth to what is now, without a doubt, the biggest music genre in Ghana – hiplife.
The Joy FM 90s Jam Party is that event that gives music lovers another rare opportunity to dust off their combat boots, wear their hoodies, baggy jeans, and bling blings.
On the night, DJ Black, Sammy Forson and Andy Dosty and smooth talker Lexis Bill, host of Drive Time on Joy will be in charge of affairs. Nii Ayi Tagoe is the guest DJ for the evening.
Some local musicians who drove the music chat crazy in the 90s will also be in attendance to take patrons down memory lane.
On the night, patrons will be thrilled with songs from the likes of Salt-N-Pepa, Snoop Doggy, 2Pac, MC Hammer and other chart toppers.
The 1990s gave music lovers a wide repertoire of chart-topping artistes and songs that are still being enjoyed to date.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case