The capital city of Accra is all pumped up for the first major party of the year as party lovers have marked Friday, January 4, 2019, on their calendars for Joy FM's 90s Jam.
The Silver Star Towers is the place to be as music lovers and patrons come home to good music on the rooftop.
The annual Joy FM 90s Jam, a major event on the country’s entertainment calendar, is the perfect occasion to give Ghanaians the opportunity to dance to all the 90s’ hits.
The 1990s came with good music - R&B and rap - and classic fashion. That era gave birth to what is now, without a doubt, the biggest music genre in Ghana – hiplife.
The Joy FM 90s Jam Party is that event that gives music lovers another rare opportunity to dust off their combat boots, wear their hoodies, baggy jeans, and bling blings.
On the night, DJ Black, Sammy Forson and Andy Dosty and smooth talker Lexis Bill, host of Drive Time on Joy will be in charge of affairs. Nii Ayi Tagoe is the guest DJ for the evening.
Some local musicians who drove the music chat crazy in the 90s will also be in attendance to take patrons down memory lane.
On the night, patrons will be thrilled with songs from the likes of Salt-N-Pepa, Snoop Doggy, 2Pac, MC Hammer and other chart toppers.
The 1990s gave music lovers a wide repertoire of chart-topping artistes and songs that are still being enjoyed to date.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals
- The warrior of love - Unpacking Samini’s 'Untamed' Part 1
- Video: Ashesi University founder goes ‘crazy’, dresses like female
- Video: Kofi Mole quits school to pursue music
- Photo: Rocky Dawuni, Cabum finally smoke peace pipe
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons
- I won’t release any song until Mahama wins 2020 elections – Mzbel
- Video: Help stop depreciation of cedi – Samini urges gov’t