Rapper Medikal’s appearance on Tim Westwood’s Capital XTRA show in London sent out a clear message that Africa is not a ‘sh*thole’.
In his usual fierce style, the rapper did spit some bars that sought to correct the negative stereotypical perceptions that some people in the West still have about Africa.
From the very second he was introduced by the Legendary Tim Westwood, famous for hosting some of the biggest names in rap across the world, Medikal proved that he was not there to ‘sleep’.
The second verse of his seven-minute-thirty-seconds session did hit a home run when it comes to selling Africa.
He simply told the world that Africans do not live on trees and that his country - Ghana -, for example, is very peaceful.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Okyeame Kwame dazzles at ‘Made in Ghana’ album launch
- 26 years of courtesy calls on Chief Imam in Photos
- Okyeame Kwame’s album launch, a truly Made-In-Ghana show
- Sarkodie celebrates mother’s birthday with lovely message, photos
- Non-stop live band performance rocks Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Video: Lil Win charms crowd at MTN-Adom Kwahu Mega Street Bash
- Photos: Families receive fresh life at Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Tinny says 'whack' rapper comment was for hype – D Black
- Ebony was vilified because of her sexuality – Novelist on stereotype
- I wish Trigmatic were my biological son – Aka Blay
- Adele splits from husband Simon Konecki
- Cardi B rejects plea deal over Queens strip club brawl
- Good Friday special: Luigi Maclean, Globe Productions light up Super Morning Show
- Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence
- Video: Ghana DJ Awards PubFest keeps Purple Pub jamming till morning