Audio By Carbonatix
Bayern Munich midfielder Franck Ribery has left the door ajar for a blockbuster summer move to Chelsea, telling reporters that the uncertainty surrounding his future will be resolved in less than three weeks.
The Bavarian giants are reportedly keen to hold on to their prized asset, and are expected to hand the Frenchman an improved contract following the Champions League encounter against Fiorentina on Tuesday in Tuscany.
However, it is believed that the former Olympique de Marseille player has lingering doubts as to whether the Bundesliga outfit can still pose a serious challenge in the Champions League.
Should the fleet-footed midfielder reject the German club's improved contract offer, a bidding war is said to be in the offing with Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona interested in procuring the influential France international's services.
"I'm not 100 per cent going to Real," said Ribery, according to The Daily Mail. "Barcelona and Chelsea are also very interested. We will see. It will be decided in two to three weeks"
The White House are believed to be reluctant to pay more than ÂŁ20 million for the player's signature, owing to their spending spree last summer that saw the second coming of the Galacticos.
Meanwhile, Barcelona reportedly see the 26-year-old as a replacement for Thierry Henry, who has been widely tipped to leave the Catalan club in the summer. But their coffers are believed to be targeted at Valencia's David Villa, Arsenal star Cesc Fabregas, and Osasuna defender Cesar Azpilicueta before pursuing the Bayern man.
It is claimed that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is a fan of the Frenchman, and is prepared to fork out a large sum to bring the player to Stamford Bridge.
The creative midfielder's arrival largely depends on the future of Joe Cole, whose contract with the club expires in the summer. Both parties are yet to reach an accord, with the player's wages believed to be the point of disagreement.
Ribery's contract runs until the end of next season, and Bayern have previously admitted that they may look to cash in on their player if a contract resolution is not reached in due course.
Source: Goal.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Okoe Boye will help NPP win more seats in Greater Accra – Bawumia
4 minutes -
I am open to work with everyone to win 2028 — Bawumia
10 minutes -
Peace, security practitioners tasked to deepen stakeholder collaboration
15 minutes -
Public pay system must balance fair wages with fiscal sustainability – Government
20 minutes -
Niharika Handa makes history as King Faisal’s first female Board Chair
23 minutes -
Gov’t disburses GH¢23.1bn to clear road contractors’ arrears – Roads Minister
27 minutes -
Massive crowd turns out for Brock Royal Family’s Osu Duku Walk
28 minutes -
Aboboyaa Group donates two motorcycles to NACOC Ashanti Command
33 minutes -
Sexual harassment has no place in educational institutions – Education Ministry
40 minutes -
Rev Prof Amevenku elected 15th EPCG Moderator, pledges servant leadership
46 minutes -
Military leaders urged to prepare for emerging security threats
51 minutes -
Ghana to expand pharmaceutical manufacturing capacity – MahamaÂ
57 minutes -
Ghana to hold referendum on proposed constitutional amendments in 2027 – Mahama
1 hour -
Social clubs must become engines of national development – Ace Ankomah
1 hour -
GTA closes Elmina Beach Resort, three other facilities over regulatory violations
1 hour