Ex Germany international Gerald Asamoah has urged Ghanaians to forget about Kevin-Prince Boateng because there are many talented players in Ghana who can do better.
Asamoah, 33, wanted to play for the Black Stars but was snubbed by Italian coach Guiseppe Dossena in 1999 before he opted to play for Germany.
Even though he played for Germany he is an ardent supporter of the Black Stars which prompted him to comment on German-born Boateng’s retirement.
Asamoah, like many Ghanaians is disappointed by Boateng’s decision to hang up his international boots, he is convinced the Black Stars will not suffer considering the vast budding potential it holds.
“You have to forget about Kevin. He is a good player but not an easy player and with that I don’t think would have been picked by Germany,” the former Saint Pauli player said.
“He played very well for Ghana at the World Cup and I was happy to see him but now he doesn’t want to play again.
“Ghana has a lot of quality young players so I think if Kevin doesn’t want to play again no problem.”
- “We shall also be blessed with Ghana Miracle” – Finance Minister speaks on economy recovery
- Finance Minister to announce 5-member committee as part of moves to protect financial system
- ‘They were cheering him’ – Okraku-Mantey on Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival
- Cocoa farmers threaten to ‘smuggle’ product to Ivory Coast if produce price is not increased
- ‘Impugning the motives of Judges is actually undermining integrity of Judiciary’ – Judges and Magistrates Association
- Kirani Ayat responds to the Ghana Tourism Authority over copyright claims
- Full text: Ken Ofori-Atta’s statement on state of the economy
- Credit purchase challenges with prepaid metres being fixed – ECG
- Ghana will transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy by 2070 – Bawumia
- 11 in 11 years: Hearts of Oak coaches axed under Togbe Afede XIV
- Government created 5.3 million jobs in 4 years – Wireko-Brobby
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- We’ll probe accusations against salt mining company in Ketu South – Regional Minister
- It will be magic for government to secure IMF deal before 2023 budget – Ato Forson
- Diana Hamilton shuts down Dominion Centre in London
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Nord Stream: Sweden finds new leak in Russian gas pipeline
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- Coolio: Michelle Pfeiffer and Snoop Dogg lead tributes to Gangsta’s Paradise rapper
- 12 persons arrested in Nalerigu over Gamabaga clash
- GFA suspends AshantiGold SC for dealing with banned club president and son
- Commercial banks support BoG decision to deny Mobile Money loan defaulters access to future credit
- Religious leaders demand a Non-Proliferation Treaty on fossil fuels now
- Trade Ministry reiterates commitment to promoting intra-Africa trade
- Indian Official mocks schoolgirl’s sanitary pad request