The European Union has added 12 countries to its money-laundering blacklist, putting their financial transactions under greater scrutiny.
They include Botswana, Ghana, Mauritius and Zimbabwe.
Others are Bahamas, Barbados, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Cambodia, Mongolia and Myanmar.
Once approved by the European Parliament the list will come into force in October.
The commission Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis said the EU needed to put an end to dirty money infiltrating its financial system.
Of the 22 blacklisted countries, only North Korea has refused to commit to trying to tackle the problem.
- 18-year-old woman dies during sex on wedding night
- Ghana ranked 2nd most peaceful country in Africa
- Until we empower Ghanaians legally, the law will serve the privileged – Prof. Atuguba
- Karela’s CAM Park banned indefinitely
- NDC demands CJ withdraws petition against Ayine at General Legal Council
- There appears to be selective justice in Ghana – Law student
- Ghana’s laws do not reflect reality – UG Law student
- 2021 Census: More than 8 million structures listed
- Full text: Asiedu Nketia’s speech on Chief Justice’s complaint against Dr Ayine at General Legal Council
- Playback: The Probe dissects 2021 Population and Housing Census
Swoop arrest is a knee-jerk reaction to insecurity challenges – Bombande
Ghana lucky to have you as president in Covid-19 era – Mamprusi Elders to Akufo-Addo
We’re sorry for violence at Anyinase – Karela supporters’ head
Man City make £100m bid for Tottenham striker Harry Kane
United States Africa Command commends Ghana for promoting sub-regional security
Revisit Community Policing policy- Bombande tells Police administration
So far, so good; Bawku appreciates your policies – Bawku Naba to Akufo-Addo
‘Only Heaven has no crimes’ comment was unnecessary – Security Analyst to IGP
Mastercard Foundation to deploy $1.3bn in partnership with Africa CDC to save lives and livelihoods
Vodafone Ghana Foundation marks World Sickle Cell Day with tree planting exercise
Increased demand paves way for expansion of Africa’s sugar industry
Bullion van attack: Arrest of 215 criminals in a swoop raises questions – Prof Aning
I think I would be a happier person if I never had kids
Agriculture Minister elected Chairman Of Ghana-Cote d’Ivoire Cocoa Initiative
Bolt celebrates Father’s Day by acknowledging their efforts