Trading between Ghana and Taiwan is said to be about 40 million dollars.
This, the Ghana National Chamber of Commerce and Industries says is low considering the level of Taiwan’s industrialization.
The Chamber is therefore hosting twenty-two companies from that country in an effort to boost the level of trade.
Chief Executive of the Chamber of Commerce, Sal Amegavie tells Joy Business the companies will take apart in match making sessions between today and Wednesday.
“We can get capital goods from Taiwan; steel products, machine tools; agricultural implements. Taiwan started heavily as an agricultural country.
“They satisfied their food requirement before they moved into industry and I think we have a lot to learn from them in that area.
“This is the second mission in the past one year and we think they find Ghana a reliable trading partner that is why they are coming,” he said.
The Head of the Taiwanese delegation Robert Hsiao says there are so many opportunities for Ghanaian businesses in Taiwan
Source: Joy Business/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- Cedi registers unprecedented weekly decline in trading as dollar demand surges
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Blunt thoughts: Shady contracts, a broken economy and Akufo-Addo being booed – Writings on the Wall?
- Take risk; do not be afraid to fail – Kofi Amoabeng to youth
- ‘Everything was working well for me in 2010’ – Asamoah Gyan on best year of his career
- Eddie Cudjoe: Optimising electricity use for business profitability
- In pictures: Tears flow as murdered nurse applicant’s body arrives in her hometown
- First trailer for Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial movie ‘Hot Take’ Drops
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Illegal mining, lack of fertilisers risk undercutting 2022/2023 cocoa yields in Ghana – Redd Intelligence
- Increase Producer Price of cocoa to ¢838 to alleviate farmers plight – GCCP
- Shut door on Ghanaians having Ghana card but yet to re-register SIM card – Communications Ministry urged
- Meghan Markle wanted to live in Windsor Castle and be seen as a princess, royal expert claims
- Nespresso premieres new boutique concept in Accra at Marina Mall
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’
- Afghan blast kills 19 teenagers sitting practice exam