Ghana is down by three places in the latest World Bank/ International Finance Corporation rankings on the ease of doing business around the world.
The country came down by from 64 to 67 in the latest ranking.
The Doing Business Report measures the ease in doing business in 189 countries on ten indicators.
These include business registration, property registration, investor protection, enforcing contracts, issues of employment and access to credit, trading across borders, tax payment and closing business and access to electricity.
On Starting Business, Ghana was ranked 128 out of 183 countries, Dealing with enforcement of contracts – 159, Getting electricity – 85 , Trading across borders -109, Business Registration – 49, Access to credit -28, Protecting investors -34. Ghana interestingly was ranked sixth in Africa after countries like Botswana, Tunisia , South African, Tunisia Rwanda and Mauritius.
Ghana last month also went down by 11 places in the global competiveness report release by the World Economic Forum. Ghana was ranked 114 out of 148 countries.
Meanwhile, Government says they are instituting programs to improve the business environment.
Trade and Industry Minister, Haruna Iddrissu tells Joy Business the several policy interventions and measures are already being implemented that would improve the situation very soon.
- 3 ECG employees charged for stealing ¢2.1m prepaid credits
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- No one from Ghana’s film industry approached me while I was here – Spike Lee
- Martin Amidu on Anas: ‘Genuine anti-corruption crusaders don’t hide behind masks’
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Ashanti NDC refutes allegations of wearing military uniforms on campaign tour
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Weather information assists farmers to adapt to climate change
- Beige Bank collapse: Witness accuses Nyinaku of taking bank’s US$200,000 illegally
- Green Sports Academy wishes Isaac Dogboe well ahead of WBO featherweight title fight
- Dogboe v Ramirez – Dogboe’ s trainer chasing history
- Donald Trump indictment: Ex-US president to be charged over hush money
- WMO retires deadly cyclone Fiona and Ian from list of names
- 5 member committee investigating Kejetia Market fire starts with fact-finding mission
- UBA Ghana holds first quarter ‘Jogging To Bond’
- Playback: PM Express discuss how to restore capital market after DDEP
- Kuami Eugene offers budding musicians tips for Joy Prime’s ‘Cues & Lyrics’ audition
- Mercy Chinwo threatens musician with ₦2bn lawsuit after he used her name in song
- Mastercard Foundation Health Collaborative allocates $1 million for prospective entrepreneurs
- We’ll pay outstanding debt despite inheriting it – Electrochem