Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has debunked claims that Ghana has received samples of Madagascar’s Covid Organics, a herbal medicine alleged to be a cure for Covid-19.
Rather, he explained that they have reached out to Madagascar’s government on their supposed cure and the drug will be tested for its efficacy.
The Information Minister was clarifying an earlier report put out on the Twitter page of the Information Ministry.
Mr Oppong-Nkrumah also indicated that they have received local herbal cure from various herbal centres in the country and all are being tested to determine their efficacy.
Ghana’s Food and Drugs Authority would be expected to study the drugs and give a recommendation on it.
- GRA descends on Melcom over issuance of fake electronic VAT invoices
- Father and daughter die in a gory accident at Ejisu-Onwe
- 12 persons arrested for involvement in robbery, murder cases
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Akufo-Addo assigns Employment Minister additional responsibility for pensions
- Bodies of 10 civilians allegedly killed by soldiers released to families for burial
- ‘I am a fixer, not a talker’ – Dr Osei Adutwum tells critics
- Fantana mourns soulmate’s death
- Women have been misled about menopause
- It is unreasonable for Opuni’s case to drag on for 6 years – Attorney General
- Aggrieved customers of defunct Gold Coast Fund threaten to sue government
- Bono East Region has 10 factories under 1D1F – Alan Kyeremanten
- Mason Greenwood attempted rape charges dropped
- BBC News channel announces new presenter line-up for revamp
- Kwame Dadzie: Why are Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, others now quiet on GHAMRO matters?
- Mechanics being ejected from Boadi Junction lament high towing fee charged by Assembly
- US black history syllabus changed after Florida ‘woke’ claims
- How to let your personal values lead when looking for love
- New approach to textbook procurement caused delay – Education Minister concedes
- ‘I reach a wider audience when my interviews are done in the Twi language’ – ZionFelix
- GoldFields, Kosmos dispute tax bills imposed by GRA
- PAC laments forgery, willful backdating of receipts by some state institutions
- King Charles will not appear on new Australia $5 note
- “It should not take IMF to direct government not to borrow from BoG” – IEA Research Director
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper