Australia, Asia, United Arab Emirates, Europe, America and now Africa.
The magnificent sky-lighting spectacular will be set against the backdrop of The Black Star Gate and Arch, at the Black Star Square.
Creator of Countdown Africa and Founder of AKvance, Akua Kufuor said: “This is about taking Africa to the world stage of celebrations. What better time to showcase our presence to the world, than from the centre of the world?”
Some 20,000 guests are scheduled to be in attendance, including international and local celebrities, with surprise performances on the night.
Ghana will represent Africa in a historic move by joining the illustrious list by kicking off its inaugural New Year’s festivities with an elaborate display beamed across the world.
Hosted by one of its leading stars, Michael Blackson, this will be the first time an African country will be among others officially marking the dawn of a New Year.
KLM Country Manager Mees Van Ojik said “We are thrilled to be the first Official Travel Partners to Countdown Africa and look forward to bringing everyone from everywhere to this historic event.”
This celebration also supports one of the country’s key agenda to build up tourism and assist in leading to more business and investment opportunities.
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for suggesting a change in prescription
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Cedi to witness mixed performance this week
- 2023 Budget: Certain difficult choices have to be made – Prof. Turkson
- Elderly persons need sex too – Gynecologist
- Government must exempt health sector from public sector employment freeze – GMA
- 2022 FIFA WC: “No time for revenge, qualification is key” – Andre Ayew
- Lack of support affecting mental health conditions – MindFreedom Ghana
- Who determines what is critical in this country? – TUC on public sector employment freeze
- 2023 Budget: Today’s debate to focus on Trade, Energy, Communications and Roads
- TUC has never supported government going to the IMF – Joshua Ansah
- Court remands trader for defrauding entrepreneurs
- Manifestivities concert to make big return on December 18
- South African delegation to understudy Ghana’s small-scale mining sector
- Marriages are collapsing due to high cost of living – Dr Ato Forson
- Forget Ashanti Regional NSS boss’ apology; it is hollow – GRNMA
- Equip hospitals in Africa for swift pandemic response – Prof. Christian Drosten
- Kantamanto fire: Interior Minister commiserates with affected traders