The Ghana Union Vestland-Bergen (GUV), Norway has elected new executives to steer the affairs of the union for the next two years.
The election was conducted by an election committee of the union at an Annual General Meeting held on Sunday at the Bergen Internasjonale Kultursenter.
Members of the election committee were Kwasi Atta Ntiamoah (Nana Kota), Yaw Appiah Adjei, Emmanuel Babatunde and Lawrence Newman.
There were no contestants for the various positions and this created opportunity for unopposed positions.
However, after the elections, the incumbent vice president of GUV, Gifty Ama Ohenewaa Nordbø was elected as the President whilst Dominic Sagoe followed as the Vice President.
Sarah Lartey and Abednego Akwasi Asante Asiedu were elected as General Secretary and Deputy General Secretary (responsible for Public Relations) respectively.
Other executives elected were Dennis Osei Kontor (Financial Secretary); Michael Asante, Eric Amankwah, Christina Agyeiwaa Anim and Dora Adem Opuni (all constituting the Organizing Committee).
Daniel Frimpong Manso was given the nod to lead the Welfare Committee of GUV whilst for the Youth Affairs, both Andy Ntiamoah and Victor Newman were elected to champion the youth interest.
The outgoing executives, are expected to handover to the incoming executives on March 11, 2023.
The outgoing president, Lawrence Newman thanked all the outgoing executives for their tremendous support and contributions to champion the interest and welfare of Ghanaians in Vestland-Bergen over the past few years.
He also assured the new executives of his continuous support.
Gratitude & Assurance from Incoming Executives
On her part, the incoming president, Gifty Nordbø on behalf of the new executives expressed her appreciation to the union for the confidence reposed on all the elected executives to champion the interests of Ghanaians in Vestland, Norway.
She called on all stakeholders to continue to support the vision of new executives to make their tenure successful.
“On behalf of the new executives, patrons & all members, we would like to appreciate Mr. Lawrence Newman for his dedicated service to the Ghana Union in Bergen & around as GUV president. He has always been a great leader for our Ghanaian communities in Bergen and entire Vestland not only in Bergen”, she stated.
“To all former executives who have ended their services, we say big thank you. The new executives are counting on your support as always. God bless Ghana and God bless us all” she emphasised.
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Cash-and-carry’ identified as cause of inappropriate antibiotics use in rural communities – KHRC research
- Pete Edochie reacts to death of grandson
- Bawumia launches GRA’s E-Tax Compliance Certificate to facilitate revenue mobilisation
- Photos: Adom FM and Adom TV climax Ghana Month celebration with Durbar
- We were told he’s busy – National Film Authority reacts to Spike Lee’s comments
- New James Bond story ‘On His Majesty’s Secret Service’ commissioned to celebrate King Charles’ coronation
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Gwyneth Paltrow awarded $1 and cleared of fault over ski crash
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Anny Osabutey: At what point do we call ourselves a sovereign nation?
- Absa Group announces net zero targets as part of Broader Sustainability/Sustainable Finance Goals
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Avoiding the new marketing myopia – returning marketing to its noble roots
- Gold Mafia: Zimbabwe’s implicated preacher orders attack on anyone accuses him of smuggling
- Playback: Adom TV climax Ghana Month celebration