Musician Fuse ODG believes Ghanaian artistes are beyond the Grammy Awards.
Speaking in an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz the UK based singer said that Ghanaian musicians should not limit their talents to an award scheme they are bigger than.
According to him, they should focus on harnessing their talents and showing the world what they can do with it.
The Antenna hitmaker believes that artistes have been able to achieve a lot of things without the Grammys and must continue to keep the focus.
“I think we need to be careful so we don’t equate the Grammy’s to talent. Ghana has some of the best talents that the world has ever seen.”
“In the afrobeats scene, Ghana has contributed next to Nigeria more than any other country in the world. We have broken records that nobody has ever broken before. So Ghana to me, is way above the Grammys,” he said.
Fuse made reference to great musicians like Bob Marley claiming he did not need a Grammy to be one of the greatest musicians in history.
According to Fuse, Ghanaians should not spend their energy on the wrong things but rather celebrate their achievements in the craft.
- ‘Gari and beans’ lowers risk of belly fat, obesity
- Asanteman walk for Alan non-political – NPP stalwart
- Special Prosecutor’s findings in Labianca case technically flawed – Customs Staff Association
- Messi misses out on 2022 Ballon d’Or as Cristiano Ronaldo, Salah, Benzema, Mane, others get nominated
- Labianca case: Special Prosecutor’s findings not surprising – GII
- ‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ actually in need of more aid – Bokpin
- Playback: Newsfile discusses Ghana’s Fitch downgrade and Labianca case
- Bulk importers to be one of the hardest hit by Ghana’s poor credit ratings – AGI
- Barcelona register 4 new signings in time for opener
- Prosecution granted access to track phone calls of suspects in Asamankese chieftaincy violence
Bridget Otoo ties the knot at private ceremony
One Ghanaian delegate goes ‘missing’ after Commonwealth Games
BoG gives assurance cedi’s stability will be restored
Satanic Verses author Salman Rushdie stabbed in the neck
‘Gari and beans’ lowers risk of belly fat, obesity
Special Prosecutor’s findings in Labianca case technically flawed – Customs Staff Association
Schools under trees: Pupils of Apaaso DA Basic School near Kintampo appeal for help
Akufo-Addo, Ya-Na commend Farouk Aliu Mahama for Yendi City Project initiative
Labianca case: Special Prosecutor’s findings not surprising – GII
‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ actually in need of more aid – Bokpin
Bulk importers to be one of the hardest hit by Ghana’s poor credit ratings – AGI
Ghana’s economic rating downgrade reflects reality – Theo Acheampong
Asanteman walk for Alan non-political – NPP stalwart
Messi misses out on 2022 Ballon d’Or as Cristiano Ronaldo, Salah, Benzema, Mane, others get nominated
Brazil winger Willian leaves Corinthians after ‘receiving death threats’