Musician Fuse ODG believes Ghanaian artistes are beyond the Grammy Awards.
Speaking in an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz the UK based singer said that Ghanaian musicians should not limit their talents to an award scheme they are bigger than.
According to him, they should focus on harnessing their talents and showing the world what they can do with it.
The Antenna hitmaker believes that artistes have been able to achieve a lot of things without the Grammys and must continue to keep the focus.
“I think we need to be careful so we don’t equate the Grammy’s to talent. Ghana has some of the best talents that the world has ever seen.”
“In the afrobeats scene, Ghana has contributed next to Nigeria more than any other country in the world. We have broken records that nobody has ever broken before. So Ghana to me, is way above the Grammys,” he said.
Fuse made reference to great musicians like Bob Marley claiming he did not need a Grammy to be one of the greatest musicians in history.
According to Fuse, Ghanaians should not spend their energy on the wrong things but rather celebrate their achievements in the craft.
- I hate Manchester United because they made Sammy Kuffour cry – Gifty Oware-Mensah
- Corrupt officials are like termites… eating the very foundation of our democracy – Torgbe Afede XIV
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Abuse of power is extremely dangerous to our burgeoning democracy – UTAG
- Ghana’s public debt up ¢6.3bn within 2 months to reach ¢575.5bn in June 2023
- Produce the alleged recording of the said inducement – National Security challenges Barker-Vormawor
- Financial system resilient to risks from macroeconomic challenges in 2022 – BoG
- When our moral fundamentals are weak, the economy will explode
- CalBank denies MD exit
- Corruption is the deadliest disease to ever hit Ghana – Domelevo
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators