Audio By Carbonatix
Globacom, the African communications giant and sponsor of the annual Glo-CAF Awards, has announced it has set aside 250 special invitation slots for its active customers and subscribers to attend the 2012 edition of the prestigious African Player of the Year Awards ceremony slated for Accra, Ghana on December 20.
Additionally, two lucky customers among the 250 will be picked by a lucky-dip for an all-expenses-paid trip to Dubai.
The invitation is open to all active Glo Mobile prepaid and post-paid customers.
A statement from Glo Ghana said “to qualify for selection to the awards, prepaid subscribers must have recharged their Glo lines cumulatively up to GHC35 between now and December 15, while post-paid subscribers must have talked cumulatively for up to GHC100.”
It said the two subscribers who will win sponsored trips to Dubai will be selected through a lucky-dip conducted at the ceremony.
"As a strong African brand, Glo is simply delighted about this exciting opportunity of connecting our cherished customers to the headliners and legends of Africa’s most popular sport," the statement quoted Mr. Patrick Awotwi, Head of Business at Glo Mobile Ghana as saying.
He said although the promo was meant to reward and excite our customers as Christmas approaches, “all Ghanaians are welcome to share in the fun. Non-Glo subscribers who wished to avail themselves of the excitement at the awards and the thrills of travelling to Dubai should simply port their numbers to Glo."
The Glo-CAF Awards, which Globacom Limited has partnered the Confederation of African Football (CAF) to organize for the past eight years, is Africa’s biggest platform for honouring excellence and distinction in the game of football.
Ghana is hosting the prestigious event for an unprecedented fourth time and the city of Accra will once again play host to the cream of African footballers, administrators, journalists and other heavyweights in the continental soccer fraternity. Five final nominees, including Ghana’s Andre Dede Ayew, have already been unveiled to the Ghanaian public at a joint news conference held in Accra last week.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Luv FM High School Debate: Anticipation builds as schools battle for supremacy in Round of 16
18 minutes -
Banking sector deposits jump 25% to GH¢334.3bn in 2025 — PwC
35 minutes -
Hostel Owners Association bares teeth over legality of rent control campaign against exorbitant fees
42 minutes -
GCB overtakes Ecobank as Ghana’s largest deposit-taking bank
43 minutes -
Young Cocoa Farmers petition Mahama over funding, producer price and start date for new cocoa season
54 minutes -
Ruha Benjamin challenges Africa to shape its own AI future
56 minutes -
Trump threatens to bomb US ally Oman if it ‘gets in the way’ over Iran deal
1 hour -
FIFA sacks senior executive who criticised Infantino, Sky News understands
1 hour -
Aksa saga: Don’t turn EOCO-OSP roles into turf war – Deputy AG
1 hour -
Abandoned Dome-Berekuso-Kitase road project should not become a waste of taxpayers’ money — chief warns
1 hour -
University of Gold Coast graduates urged to prove themselves beyond certificates
2 hours -
GoldBod sets new X-Ray Fluorescence standard for gold purity testing from September 1
2 hours -
Why EOCO, not OSP, is leading AKSA bribery probe – Deputy AG explains
2 hours -
Republic Bank-JoyNews Habitat Fair to kick off with Mini-fair at Achimota Mall on August 21
2 hours -
From promises to poisoned rivers: The dangerous silence fueling Ghana’s escalating galamsey and environmental collapse
2 hours