The Works and Housing Minister, Francis Asenso Boakye, has revealed that government will soon introduce to Parliament a bill to establish a new authority to help prevent flooding in the country.
According to him, the Ghana Hydrological Authority will ensure that flood risk assessments are undertaken for all major infrastructural developments to be resilient to both current and future flood risks.
“The government is also collaborating with the World Bank to invest more than $200 million to address solid waste and flood risk challenges in our cities.
“The process will also see development and implementation of flood early warning systems to enhance community safety and resilience,” he said.
Addressing MPs on measures to prevent floods as the rainy season sets in, the Minister said the Authority will also develop and promote higher drainage standards.
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Tullow Oil challenges GRA over $300m tax imposition
- ‘I’ve had frank conversations with Haruna Iddrisu’ – Ato Forson reveals
- NDC national executives to meet Minority Caucus over reshuffle
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- Mahama speaks on Africa’s strategic priorities at Chatham House
- Pusiga celebrates late philanthropist’s 67 years changing lives
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- National Labour Commission directs CETAG to call off strike
- Pope Francis appoints Rev Fr Samuel Nkuah-Boateng as Bishop of Wiawso Diocese
- Court threatens to strike out case against Agradaa
- Asiedu Nketia leads party delegation to attend Mahama-led lecture in UK
- George Ferguson Laing: Why the looming water crisis may be a glimmer of hope for climate awareness
- Change in Minority Leadership: Rescind decision – Dr Amoako Baah tells NDC national executive
- The Story of Prophet Elisha: Case Study of Apprenticeship for Ghana – Part Two
- Elon Musk denies Twitter use hurts Tesla as sales soar
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Africa Business Dialogues: Bawumia proposes focus on 3 broad areas for AfCFTA success
- Playback: PM Express Business edition discuss Debt Exchange Programme with Alhassan Andani
- Change in Minority Leadership: We cannot refuse to recognise the lawful decision – Kofi Adams