The lifeless body of a 30-year-old man was found hanging in his room at Teshie in Accra last Monday.
Christopher Kwesi Manu, who graduated from a popular private university in Accra seven months ago, was working as a marketing executive with a company dealing in electrical appliances. He was however reported to have been fired following which he turned to excessive drinking of alcohol perhaps out of frustration.
On the fateful day, he was seen drunk as early as 7.30am, said eyewitness and in that condition, he proceeded to a local Teshie church where he constituted an embarrassment to other worshippers.
A few hours afterwards, on the same day, he was seen trying with difficulty to crawl into his room.
The next day, Monday, a friend of his visited and found him very weak on bed. At about 9.0Opm on the same day when the friend visited him again, he was met with the gruesome spectacle of a lifeless body hanging.
Thereupon, he called the deceased’s relatives who reported the incident to the Teshie Police.
The body was deposited at the Police Hospital mortuary pending autopsy.
Investigations have already begun.
Source: Daily Guide
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- WHO identifies four substandard paediatric medicines in Gambia – FDA
- Livestream: PM Express business edition discusses impact of policy rate on businesses
- Gertrude Agyemang: Customer Service Week and the ECG prepaid meter challenge
- NDC has no evidence to prove my involvement in ‘galamsey’ – Ellembelle DCE
- KNUST students develop cost-effective instrument to measure temperature and light energy from the sun
- MP has been a challenge in fight against ‘galamsey’ in my district – Ellembelle DCE
- 2 women in court over alleged assault on Besease M/A JHS teacher
- Alberta Mortty: I love my breast; I love my life more
- Assistant headmaster of Mpatasie D/A dies in ‘galamsey’ pit
- 36 arrested in Ejisu for alleged network marketing scamming
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- #NoToGalamsey: Failure to deal with ‘galamsey’ could lead to street terrorism – Prof. Gatsi
- AngloGold Ashanti pleased with community support to ward off illegal miners from Obuasi concession
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Prosecute Chairman Wontumi, Charles Bissue, others neck-deep in galamsey – NDC to Akufo-Addo