The Ghana Statistical Services has indicated that all geophysical arrangements for the processes of enumeration in the 2021 Population and Housing Census programme has been completed.
This is part of the major processes that will enhance the exercise which was been postponed as a result of the covid-19 pandemic.
Speaking at an event to mark the 100 days to census night, Government Statistician, Professor Samuel Kobina Annim said the necessary preparation works have been done and ready to begin the main exercise this year.
According to him, all is set for the 2021 Population and Housing Census which is part of the United Nations convention for member countries after every 10 years.
Even though all the needed resources have been provided for the exercise last year, the outbreak of the covid-19 forced the GSS to postponed to this year.
According to Professor Annim, one of the major hurdles which includes geographical mapping has been completed.
To officially launch the event, Vice President Dr. Mahamud Bawumia disclosed that this year’s programme which is digitally driven will be the beginning of an enhanced data harmonization process for some seven ECOWAS countries on the African continent.
The 100 days to the census night is part of the advocacy programmes earmarked by the Ghana Statistical Service before the main enumeration day which falls on the 27th of June.
- Review e-levy rate to 0.5% with ¢300 daily threshold – Minority tells government
- Government’s ban on use of V8s in Accra, a mere sloganeering – Dr Theo Acheampong
- MPs converge at Volta Serene Hotel for post-budget workshop
- One arrested, others on the run after allegedly murdering police officer
- After 5 years of repackaging, Skuuls Reunion returns today at El Wak Stadium
- Photos and videos: HITZ FM Skuuls Reunion underway at El Wak Sports Stadium
- Indonesian woman’s body found inside python, say reports
- Government must be commended for reducing e-levy rate – John Kumah
- Sights and sounds: ‘Jama’ session, exciting skaters kick-start Hitz Old Skuuls Reunion
- Ghana is not serious about social progression and inclusivity – Prof. Bokpin
- Kuami Eugene, Eno Barony and Keche climax HITZ Skuuls Reunion’s return
- British Council urges student’s under IAU Programme to become good entrepreneurs
- LUV FM’s morning show team distributes about 1,000 pieces of sanitary pads to needy girls
- Photos and videos: Artistes thrill patrons at HITZ Skuuls Reunion
- Mbappe scores twice as France reach knockout stage
- Messi scores in vital Argentina win over Mexico
- Tullow Ghana reaffirms commitment to grow indigenous capacities
- Ghana’s 2023 Budget: A Missed Opportunity
- I hope Afriyie Barnieh will be used in one of the games at the World Cup – Hearts of Oak General Manager
- VP Bawumia launches $450m Gulf of Guinea Social Cohesion Project
- Gov’t promises more support to Ghana Police
- BoG pegs cedi depreciation to dollar at 54%
- Ghana’s reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in October 2022; trade surplus hits $1.87bn
- Average lending rate hits 31.40% in October 2022 – BoG
- Lynx Entertainment unveils kids sensation Afrapa