The Minority Leader in Parliament and president of Steadfast FC, Haruna Iddrisu, has revealed that the club has received offers for 17-year-old midfielder, Abdul Fatawu Issahaku.
He made the revelation to Joy Sports’ George Addo Junior and indicated that the midfielder was on the transfer list of top clubs from Europe and other continents around the globe.
“We’ve had some offers from some major football clubs internationally. We are looking for some offers from Austria, Geneva, from Italy and from Qatar.” Mr. Iddrisu told Joy Sports.
He further indicated that Steadfast FC are in consultations to sieve out the offer which best suits Fatawu and the club.
The Tamale South MP also made mention of the fact, he and his outfit are only considering deals, which will better serve the interests of the player in both the short and long-term.
“We are weighing what gives him the best opportunity and the club, the best returns tomorrow. More importantly, he has the opportunity to play and contribute to Ghana achieving some soccer laurels in terms of bringing gold to Ghana,” he said.
Despite his youthful age, Haruna Iddrisu clearly has high hopes, and has set the bar high for a player he describes as his ‘personal jewel’.
“Issahaku Abdul-Fatawu, our newest jewel, is the idol of tamale, Steadfast FC and my personal jewel of football that I trust he’ll bring us smiles, honour to himself and the country,” he said.
The 17-year-old winger received his debut Black Stars call up, in the country’s build-up to AFCON qualifying games against South Africa and Sao Tome and Principe.
- CCTV footage exposes Bantama and Buokrom Estate Junction Mobile Money robbers
- Court throws out man’s appeal against burial of wife he’s accused of killing
- Akufo-Addo can’t even shower in presidential jet – Nitiwul defends President’s alleged extravagant foreign travels
- Coca-Cola lost $4 billion in market value after Ronaldo suggested people should drink water instead
- James Town bullion van attack looks like organised crime – Adam Bonaa
- Kumawood actor, Agya Manu has passed on
- Police places ¢20k bounty on James Town bullion van robbers
- Family of student-journalist found dead in a hotel room demands justice
- ‘Akufo-Addo can’t shower’ on Presidential Jet comment needless – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Papers for 2020 WASSCE were leaked – Africa Education Watch
Finance Minister to appear in Parliament to answer to cost of Akufo-Addo’s alleged extravagant flights today
Our interest is to strengthen ties with Ghana – Kenyan MP
Minority accuses government of inflating cost of roads
2 persons shot by members of local mining taskforce at Adeiso in Eastern Region
Ras Mubarak, Okyem Aboagye clash over scrapping of MPs Common Fund
Akufo-Addo didn’t use presidential jet due to security, not because he couldn’t shower – Dominic Nitiwul
Luv FM High School Debate: Prempeh College dazzles through to semi-finals
CBOD meets Dangote Group for progress update on oil refinery project
Biden and Putin praise Geneva summit talks but discord remains
Dangote Refinery commended for focusing on production of cleaner fuels
Security on high alert in Upper East as police signal possible attack by Burkinabe bandits
Euros On MGL: Italy become first team to reach the knockout stage after Switzerland victory
Parliament approves Charles Adu Boahen, 11 Deputy Ministers
Playback: PM Express discusses the presidential jet controversy
Sergio Ramos set to leave Real Madrid after 16 years