The convicted rapist overcame symptoms of the disease, including a cough and fever, and was released from his 14-day quarantine, according to The Daily Mail.
Weinstein, 68, is “being monitored for his various medical conditions” in the regional medical unit at the Wende Correctional Facility, his legal team said.
They would not confirm or deny that he had the illness. Neither did the state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision, citing federal health care privacy law.
An official briefed on the matter previously told The Post that Weinstein was diagnosed with COVID-19 on March 21 at the maximum security prison.
It’s believed he was infected at Rikers Island, where he was briefly locked up before being transferred upstate, an official previously told The Post.
A source close to him told the Daily Mail they were surprised Weinstein had survived considering he suffers from high blood pressure, heart problems, severe diabetes and a spine condition.
“The man is in poor health normally speaking, and has multiple pre-existing conditions. Honestly, I was very concerned. I can’t believe he made it through this. I was definitely thinking this would be the end of him,” the source said.
Weinstein is serving a 23-year sentence for raping an aspiring actress and sexually abusing a TV and film production assistant.
Following his March 11 sentencing, Weinstein was tested for the virus at Bellevue Hospital after developing a cough. That test came back negative, a source had said.
He was then sent to Rikers, and kept in quarantine for “a few days” before his transfer to Wende, according to the source.
“He is in a Super Maximum Security Prison with no special treatment,” his legal team said.
“He doesn’t have his own phone, his own TV or anything that is his ‘own’ except the prison-issued clothes and items that individuals received. He does not have a special dorm, a special prison cell or anything of that nature.”
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
UK troops seize IS weapons in Mali operation
Man loses lower lip during fight with friend over ¢18
Bantama SDA Primary Headmaster shot dead by suspected armed robbers
Israeli PM vows to push on ‘forcefully’ with offensive as airstrikes hit home of Hamas chief
Agbodza cuts sod for ¢1m 8-unit classroom block for Adaklu Senior High School
Livestream: ICGC Sunday service with Mensa Otabil
No alternative to vaccine passports, says Dubai airport boss
Stephen Appiah tells full story of how his son, Rodney joined Olympics
Hong Kong’s Ray Cordeiro, ‘world’s most durable DJ’, retires at 96
I hate to see talent waste away – Kofi Kinaata opens up on investing in football
Andy Murray chooses to miss French Open
Spotify founder Daniel Ek says Arsenal bid has been rejected
Italian Open: Rafael Nadal to play Novak Djokovic in Rome final
GPL: WAFA deepen Legon Cities’ relegation woes
Leicester win FA Cup for the first time after last-gap Chelsea equaliser ruled out