The High Level Ministerial Committee on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) has met in Accra to review the status of implementation of the SDGs in Ghana presented by the National Development Planning Commission.
The Committee was inaugurated by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo at the commemoration of his appointment as Co-Chair of the U.N. Secretary General’s Eminent Group of Advocates on September 7, 2017.
A statement signed by Trudy Dako, the Special Advisor to the Minister for Planning, said the maiden meeting of the Committee discussed key issues.
This included greater inter-ministerial collaboration to achieve the SDGs, alignment of national plans with the SDGs and leveraging private sector resources for the implementation of the SDGs.
The Committee also received an update on the President’s role as Co-Chair of the Eminent Group of Advocates.
The Minister for Planning chaired the meeting which agreed to meet quarterly to discuss priority issues about the ongoing implementation of the SDGs.
Present at the meeting were the ministers for Planning; Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration; Monitoring and Evaluation; Trade and Industry; Health; Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation.
Others are Education; Sanitation and Water Resources; Employment and Labour Relations; Food and Agriculture; and Fisheries and Aquaculture, along with the Deputy Minister of Finance, and representatives from the Ministry of Gender, Children & Social Protection.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- Cedi registers unprecedented weekly decline in trading as dollar demand surges
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Blunt thoughts: Shady contracts, a broken economy and Akufo-Addo being booed – Writings on the Wall?
- Take risk; do not be afraid to fail – Kofi Amoabeng to youth
- ‘Everything was working well for me in 2010’ – Asamoah Gyan on best year of his career
- Eddie Cudjoe: Optimising electricity use for business profitability
- In pictures: Tears flow as murdered nurse applicant’s body arrives in her hometown
- First trailer for Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial movie ‘Hot Take’ Drops
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Illegal mining, lack of fertilisers risk undercutting 2022/2023 cocoa yields in Ghana – Redd Intelligence
- Increase Producer Price of cocoa to ¢838 to alleviate farmers plight – GCCP
- Shut door on Ghanaians having Ghana card but yet to re-register SIM card – Communications Ministry urged
- Meghan Markle wanted to live in Windsor Castle and be seen as a princess, royal expert claims
- Nespresso premieres new boutique concept in Accra at Marina Mall
- GRA to sanction staff and officers complicit in smuggling at borders
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’