Chelsea teenager Callum Hudson-Odoi says he was "shocked" to find out he had been called up to the England senior squad for the first time.
The 18-year-old winger had travelled to Bristol to meet up with England's under-21 squad on Monday when he was told he would have to divert back to St George's Park after Gareth Southgate decided to call him up for their opening European Qualifiers.
He could now make his debut when England play the Czech Republic at Wembley on Friday, or away at Montenegro on Monday.
Hudson-Odoi has had limited chances to impress at Stamford Bridge this season and has yet to start a Premier League match, but has scored five times in 19 matches in all competitions.
"It's been a crazy day but getting my first [senior] international call-up is an amazing feeling," Hudson-Odoi said.
"Today has been a very long day for me because I had to travel to Bristol first for the U21s and then getting told that I have to come over here to St. George's Park, it's been a crazy experience but I'm delighted to get the call and it's a nice feeling to be here as well.
"I thought the manager [Aidy Boothroyd] was joking. I was shocked and then when I heard that I actually had to go over, I couldn't believe it. I was delighted. It's a dream come true.
"Now I've got to work hard, enjoy every moment and keep working to just hopefully make an impact when I get the opportunity.
"Everybody here is very humble and they're very nice. They make sure you're comfortable, no one has an ego here so hopefully, I get to know more of the boys here."
- Education Minister fingered in $1.2 million ‘phantom’ training scandal
- Another rainstorm to hit Accra, Cape Coast, and other towns tonight – GMet
- ‘Owoo family does not exist in Osu; it is a scam’ – Member of Osu stool
- Otto Addo names Ghana squad for Madagascar, CAR and four-nation tourney
- Remove structures obstructing free flow of water immediately – Akufo-Addo charges MMDAs
- I am not aware of any meeting with Privileges Committee – Adwoa Safo
- Some Christian leaders are not speaking against pervasive corruption because they have been bribed – Prof Martey
- Songs Akufo-Addo should have on his playlist if he truly cares
- More public officers are going to be caught in this web – Martin Kpebu on investigations into Sir John’s will
- ‘Is dumsor back or not?’ – Ghanaians argue on social media
US-based young Ghanaian entrepreneurs pioneer “Airbnb” rent module in Ghana, Africa
I will fail my ministry if I fail to be the best mum – Adwoa Safo
We’ve taken cautious approach to pilot digital currency – Governor
WAFU U17 Zone B: Ghana to host Nigeria in opening game
Akufo-Addo is well aware of my condition – Adwoa Safo
African leaders signal support for African Development Bank’s emergency food production facility
Make AfDB preferred multilateral financier of Africa’s development – Akufo-Addo
I’ve not given up on NPP, I’m still committed to the President – Adwoa Safo
Akufo-Addo is the only person who can sack me – Adwoa Safo
Exclusive: Adwoa Safo speaks on family, NPP, absence from Parliament
I will return when issues with family are resolved – Adwoa Safo
Low income earners tend to be at higher risk of developing stroke – Health expert
Lands Minister requests information on all transactions affecting Achimota Forest
I am not aware of any meeting with Privileges Committee – Adwoa Safo
Mmofraturo Girls School gets new toilet to improve hygiene and sanitation