Musician KiDi has revealed that he is still getting threats from fans of other celebrities after his old tweets were leaked.
Speaking with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz, he explained that after his old tweets in which he had made some unpleasant comments about some celebrities, he keeps getting threats from fans and social media users.
He said his family is not left out of it.
“It’s been four-five days now, I still get threats. My whole family is catching the bullet. Everybody who knows nothing about the situation is catching heat.”
KiDi added, “It is sad to see that people out there don’t care about who you are. They don’t care about who you were 10 years ago. They don’t care. That’s who you are.
“I see the insults, the threats, the personal attacks,” he continued.
The ‘Gyal Dem Sugar’ hitmaker added that he is hoping that the people he attacked will understand that everyone mistakes and everyone has a past.
“I’m guessing all these people have families, I’m guessing all these people are not perfect, but you would they will understand that human beings make mistakes and you learn from them.”
This comes after his old tweets – which resurfaced on Wednesday – saw him swipe at Sarkodie, Delay, and Yvonne Nelson.
KiDi apologised to the public admitting that at the time he was not only young but ignorant and did not understand the repercussions of his words and actions.
“I tweeted things that were inappropriate and unkind. As I mature, I came to be extremely regretful of these actions and how they affected the parties involved,” the singer wrote.
Opening up about how he has grown to be a much better person. KiDi said that “A lot of the things and values we hold now, we had to go through certain things in life to arrive at this place that we are.
We had to unlearn a lot of things we grew up with and relearn certain things to also know that this is not okay.”
The singer added he had wished that all the attention would have been directed to his 4PLAY EP.
“I would have wanted all the attention to go to my EP, that is what I would have wanted, at a point when it was happening I was like wow, were all these people when I released my EP,” he said.
- How to check 2022 WASSCE provisional results
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- Nima celebrates Mohammed Kudus with a mural
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Honour roadmap for Ofori-Atta’s sacking – Disgruntled NPP MPs tell Akufo-Addo
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- It’s not my fault Asamoah Gyan missed the penalty in 2010 – Luis Suarez
- TaTU, Jowato.com signs MoU to practically train students in research
- NHIS Mion district office inaugurated
- EVIBES USA series: Fritz Oakley talks about life in US, music and concert
- WAEC should prevent exam malpractice instead of punishing culprits – Kofi Asare
- Livestream: Impact of 2023 budget on businesses
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Knowing your HIV status is the best way to prevent it – Ghana AIDS Commission
- Love not the prerequisite for successful marriage – Relationship Advisor
- Yaa-Naa declared NHIS Ambassador
- Edwin Kwasi Amenuvor (Rtd. Librarian)
- Commitment in relationships require time and effort – Experts
- Court of appeal upholds BOG’s appointment of Nii Amanor Dodoo as receiver for Unibank
- WAEC orders over 8,000 ‘indebted’ students to pick WASSCE results from their schools
- Release 52 citizens arrested for alleged roles in secessionist attacks in Volta Region
- Swiss government hopeful of future collaboration with FORIG to combat climate change