Ghanaian actress, Mercy Asiedu has revealed that her passion for making music is still alive.
The 50-year-old says she was a musician before venturing into acting.
“Yes I do sing, I was a musician before entering into acting. I have two recorded albums,” she told JoyNews.
However, music remains her first love because that was the talent God gave her, she believes.
The Kumawood household name has been in the movie industry for the past 25 years.
Speaking on E Vibes, the actress said she is concentrating on the acting and will definitely go back into the booth.
“I haven’t stopped music, I’m just concentrating on the acting and yes I will surely go back to music,” she said adding that “my favourite Musician is Esther Nyamekye and Diana Hamilton.”
Mercy Asiedu also told Becky that she looked up to Grace Nartey and Psalm Adjeteyfio when it came to acting.
“They were my role models back then,” she added.
Born on May 9, 1971, the versatile actress has stared in hundreds of movies over her career.
Some of them are ‘Obaakofou’, ‘Sumsum’, ‘Aware’, ‘Kakra Yebedie’, ‘Agya Koo Trotro’, ‘Ghana Yonko’, ‘Emma Dodo Kunu’, Divine Prayer, Obi Yaa, Sama Te fie, and Old Soldier.
The popular ‘Asoreba’ movie introduced her to movie lovers across the country and she had become arguably one of the most successful Kumawood actresses in Ghana.
She began acting when she was a teenager, as part of the Kristo Asafo Concert Party group.
She is known for the controversial roles she has played in movies.
E-Vibes is a weekly program that delves into the background of the country’s celebrated personalities who are doing tremendous work in their chosen field of work cutting across sectors.
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- DDEP: Financial institutions regulators should protect customers, not government – Dan Seddoh
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- Lamisi honoured in Netherlands for promoting Ghanaian culture
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- JessiEmma releases ‘Amazing Grace’, a love song to God
- Producer Price Inflation falls to 50.8% in February 2023
- Debt Exchange: Insurers to re-strategise to avert threats to prompt payment of claims
- Shatta Wale gives conditions for return to VGMA
- Heeding Mahama’s advice would have prevented us from going to IMF on a stretcher – Sammy Gyamfi to Akufo-Addo
- “Consider cocoa pricing in your legislation”- COCOBOD Chief tells EU
- Former Black Stars player Emmanuel Oblitey dies at 69
- Mahama to speak on transparent financing of political campaigns today
- Eno Barony raps better than many male rappers in Ghana – Medikal
- Government calls for more donor funding in agric sector
- ECG disconnects Cape Coast Sports Stadium over GH¢513k legacy debt
- Lotto agent in court for over GH¢253k theft
- Corporate institutions urged to implement leadership programmes to equip youth for job market