Gospel musician, Uncle Ato says he has always voted for people he finds competent to run the affairs of the country.
He stated on Monday during an interaction on Joy News that although he had been in student politics at one point, as a pastor he is only focused on pushing the agenda of peace.
“We’ve been in student politics before so it’s in the blood, but with my stance now as a pastor and a gospel musician, we want to be balanced so we can push the agenda of peace forward”.
He added that he cannot engage in partisan politics because of potential consequences.
“Looking at our terrain now, you declare your stance and automatically become an enemy, I look around and vote for whom I deem fit but I’m not strictly partisan,” he noted.
The Christian worshipper advised political leaders to promote peace ahead of the 2020 general elections.
Uncle Ato was on Joy News’ Drivetime for the first edition of the Drive Time Live Concert with Lexis Bill.
The live concert is aimed at engaging listeners in a series of worship sessions in order to empower Ghanaians to keep the peace before, during and after the polls.
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- ‘Government is either feigning incompetence on the point of how we fix structures or is pretending to fix them’ – Barker-Vormawor
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme
- Kwabena Agyepong’s NPP membership re-instated
- Virologist warns of third wave of Covid-19 in Ghana
- Covid-19: GHS to roll out second doses from May 19
- #NSMQ2021: Mfantsiman Girls SHS dumped for the third time in a row at regional championships
- 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Black Stars to camp in Europe despite postponement
- Family sues Daasebre Oti Boateng for failing to replace a statue he destroyed
Former UK High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
Even though it hurts to see you with her, I’m genuinely happy for you
To my ex-lover that I can’t move on from
Residents of Amanase burn vehicle belonging to 5 suspected ritual murderers
SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
Photos: Kweku Baako and family visit Jubilee House to thank Akufo-Addo, Bawumia for their support during burial of his mother
You walked out on me and it was the best thing that could’ve happened
4 reasons why traveling makes us happier
High freight charges, raw materials, reasons for rising cost of building materials
Wesley Girls ‘no fasting’ policy: What dialogue can’t resolve, even war can’t – Muslim Caucus in Parliament
AGRA holds webinar on Ghana’s Agricultural Transformation Journey
Israeli Embassy organises investment forum for agriculture
Kwabena Agyepong’s NPP membership re-instated
G7 nations pledge $389m over Boko Haram insurgency
Dolait appreciates Chief Imam for role in providing peaceful business climate