Audio By Carbonatix
The former CEO of the defunct UT Bank and UT Holdings, Captain Prince Kofi Amoabeng (rtd), has revealed that he did not vote for the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the 2020 elections.
Instead, he stated that he voted for the Progressive People’s Party (PPP)'s presidential candidate, Bridget Dzogbenuku.
Despite being aware that his vote for her might not have a significant impact, Mr. Amoabeng emphasized that he was undeterred by this fact.
Explaining his decision in an interview with Starr FM on Thursday, January 25, he said the NPP was responsible for the collapse of his bank.
“I didn’t vote for the NDC or the NPP, if you want to know who I voted for, I voted for Dzogbenuku. I knew the votes wouldn’t count but I voted for her. In 2020 my bank had been taken, so why will I vote for the NPP?" he asked.
He, however, believes that former President John Mahama will emerge victorious in the upcoming 2024 general election.
Captain Amoabeng said Ghanaians have experimented with various systems, and it is now time to give the former President another opportunity to address any previous mistakes.
“It is early yet to decide on 2024 but in my rational self, Ghana has tried a whole lot of things. We have tried military coups, democracies, parliamentary type, presidential type and I think the only thing we haven’t tried is somebody who has been President before.”
“So I think it’s John Mahama he has been in the position before and therefore when he comes back. He knows the path to tread.
“He knows who to trust and people not to trust. I think John Mahama will win in 2024.”
Mr. Amoabeng also stated that the NPP has demonstrated that they are not better in governance of the nation.
Latest Stories
-
Stop blaming young people for being unemployed, says Amazon’s UK boss
13 minutes -
Tennessee execution called off after failed lethal injection
22 minutes -
Jailed Vietnamese tycoon’s Birkin bags sell for more than $550K
33 minutes -
Elon Musk’s SpaceX postpones Starship launch
42 minutes -
Alberta to hold referendum on whether to remain in Canada
52 minutes -
Rubio says Cuba is threat to US as Havana accuses him of ‘lies’
1 hour -
Village in Juaben celebrates Villa win with parade
4 hours -
Three police officers to accompany 10,000 England fans at World Cup
4 hours -
Haaland and Odegaard head Norway World Cup squad
4 hours -
Up to 350 jobs under threat at Meta in Ireland
5 hours -
Arteta told of title win by crying son – while having barbecue
5 hours -
Meta settles social media addiction case with US school district
5 hours -
Southampton’s Eckert authorised spying missions
5 hours -
Foden and Palmer to miss out on World Cup squad
5 hours -
Hamilton says he has no plans to retire from F1
5 hours