Popular blogger, Zionfelix, has revealed the reason why he does interviews predominantly in the Twi language.
During an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz, the controversial blogger said that his brand was a Twi brand, thus, he did not need to force himself to grant interviews in English, and also added that he can reach a wider audience with the local language.
“I have made my brand a Twi brand because of my audience. And a majority of Ghanaians speak Twi. Therefore, I reach a larger crowd when my interviews are in the local language.
“I’m not forced to speak in English. I do what makes me feel comfortable.“
The blogger further stated that when he creates content in Twi, he’s not judged on the same grammatical standard as the English language, due to critics always finding grammatical errors in interviews.
“Whenever you create posts or interviews in English, you’d have to check your grammar and pronunciation before you put them out, because Ghanaians will come and grammatical errors.”
Zion added that doing interviews in English limits the guest from being him or herself, which makes the host restricted from asking certain questions.
“Most people comport themselves when it comes to speaking English. They are gentle and it makes you restricted,” he said on Hitz FM.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display