An Indonesia man is on a quest to walk 500 miles across the country while facing backward to raise awareness of forest preservation.
Medi Bastoni, 43, set out from his home village of Dono, East Java, and is hiking backward 500 miles to the State Palace in Jakarta, where he hopes to arrive in time for independence day celebrations Aug. 17.
Bastoni is walking with the use of a rear-view mirror allowing him to keep an eye on his path without turning his head.
The walker said he is hoping to meet in Jakarta with President Joko Widodo, who he plans to ask for a symbolic seed to be planted on the slopes of Mount Wilis.
Bastoni said environmental activists are making progress with preserving the forests around Mount Wilis, but a symbolic seed from the president would go a long way toward raising awareness of the efforts.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Sack Ashanti Region NSS boss; he is unfit to be director in public service – GRNMA tells government
- Let’s salute Ghanaian farmers – NAFCO boss
- PFAG unhappy about failure of 2023 budget in tackling key constraints in Agric sector
- Government to set up task force on rivers to end illegal mining
- We must address the inequalities holding back Ghana’s AIDS response – HFFG
- Come to our aid – SOGASCO calls for help
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- Sustainable energy expert of Ghanaian descent appointed to US President’s Advisory Council on Doing Business in Africa
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- Node Eight leads digital revolution agenda in the Volta Region
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Royal Choice Academy wins Sinapi Aba’s green and sanitation contest for basic schools
- Wenchi High Court throws out petition against NPP MP’s 2020 election victory
- Ghana will go down the drain should 2023 budget be delayed – Deputy Finance Minister warns
- Peace Council moves to address allegations of ethnic identity-based discrimination, marginalization by Ewes
- Is it unrealistic to expect that my spouse’s life revolves around me?