The second Israeli Green Innovation Competition (IGIC) which seeks to honour individuals and organisations that come up with innovative solutions to promote environmental conservation and agriculture in Ghana, has officially begun.
The Green Innovation Competition focuses on innovative startups in the agriculture and horticulture sector which is in line with Israel’s commitment to stimulate both agriculture and innovation in Ghana.
It is open to young Ghanaian startups (aged 15-40) who have an already existing, innovative initiative that contributes to the growth of the floriculture industry.
The winner of this year’s competition will receive a fully paid trip to Israel to participate in industry-related conferences to learn best practices, network and seek potential investors to expand their existing businesses.
The competition is being undertaken by the Israeli Embassy in collaboration with the Ghana Garden and Flower Show, an initiative of Strategic Communications Africa Limited (Stratcomm Africa).
The final selection and award ceremony will be held on the last day of the 2020 Virtual Ghana Garden and Flower Show (GGFS) on 8th November.
Israel prides itself as a nation of innovation that helps to stimulate innovation wherever it finds itself.
Israeli Ambassador to Ghana, Shani Cooper expressed excitement about the second edition of the show, saying, “We are delighted that through this show we are about unearthing new solutions to enhance agriculture and the environment, the Israeli embassy will continue to support innovative ideas in our quest to see an improved agriculture system and the environment.”
Chief Executive Officer of Stratcomm Africa organizers of the Ghana Garden and Flower Show (GGFS) Ms. Esther A.N. Cobbah indicated that due to the corona pandemic, the company had to resort to a virtual show. She called on all stakeholders to continue their efforts in helping keep a cleaner, greener, healthier and a wealthier Ghana.
Individuals or organizations with interest on entering into this year’s competition would have to follow these simple steps.
- Have an innovative and captivating prototype that promotes green innovation in Ghana
- Present your prototype in a 90 seconds video detailing all the essential information about your solution.
- Register (http://stratcomm-africa.com/gfs/registrations) and upload your video via your Facebook account (tagging Israel Embassy Ghana @IsraelinGhana) and share URL to the video on the Registration Section of Competition Website.
Ten qualifying participants will be selected from the entries for the final pitch.
Then these 10 finalists will be hosted by the competition judges on 8th November 2020 at the closing ceremony of the 2020 Virtual Ghana Garden and Flower Show, to do a 3-minute prototype presentation of their solutions.
Registration is opened from now till 23rd October 2020; hence individuals are encouraged to send their entries to stand the chance of being crowned for innovation and also acquire valuable skills to help scale up your business initiative.
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- UK Minister commits to supporting green finance across Africa
- Cues and Lyrics: TM Musiq adjudged judges’ favourite; Udiene goes home
- Prohibition of dividends payments by banks could last for 2 years – Senior Finance Lecturer
- ‘Let’s deepen TVET training to create employment’ – Ignatius Baffour Awuah
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- JUSSAG suspends strike for 2 weeks
- ‘Kyenkyen bi adi me awu’; one of Ghana’s most sampled songs
- MTN proposes new shares in dividend payment to shareholders for 2022 profits
- NPP flagbearer race: Ignore the sponsored polls – Afriyie Akoto to his supporters
- Burna Boy performs with Black Sherif at Afro Nation Miami
- Ghanaians should not have any huge expectations of President Akufo-Addo – Haruna Iddrisu
- Brig. Gen. Dan Frimpong (Rtd): I am going to prison on Wednesday!
- Pursue aggressive fiscal reforms in the 2023 mid-year budget – Terkper to government
- 3 times Burna Boy sampled Fela Kuti’s ‘Sorrow, Tears and Blood’
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea