Vice-chairman of the FA Cup Committee, Kofi Poku, says appointing an expatriate coach to handle the Black Stars will be a stupid decision.
In an interview with Asempa FM, he kicked against reports that the FA will be appointing an expatriate to handle the senior national team.
He was emphatic that expatriate coaches are not better than indigenous coaches.
“Education is very important in our lives but when you fail to listen, you are ruining your reputation,” he said.
“It will be stupid to hire an expatriate coach to take over the Black Stars. Why should we even go in that direction?
“The fact is that these expatriate coaches are not better than us. We have coaches to do the work but it is up to the stakeholders to listen.
The head of the country’s senior national team, Kwesi Appiah was given the sack and the position became vacant after the departure.
The Ghana Football Association (GFA) are searching for Mr Appiah’s successor with reports suggesting they will hire an expatriate coach.
There have been reports that the Association will hire an expatriate to take over.
But Kofi Poku said it will be a stupid decision to take.
“We have the talents but the problem is that we are failing to develop them but it does not mean we need an expatriate coach. Our local coaches can do that job for us,” he added.
Kofi Poku is the latest to speak against the possible hiring of a foreign coach after former Asante Kotoko manager Isaac “Opeele” Boateng.
Opeele claimed he will prefer a dog in charge of Black Stars than an expatriate.
The GFA is expected to name a new coach before the team’s first game of the year in March.
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
- Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
Economy grew at 0.4% in 2020
Expedite action on completing cannabis regulatory frameworks – Rastafari Council
Tiwa Savage gets full sleeve tattoo on her arm
NBA YoungBoy reportedly expecting 8th child
GES dispels claims that SHS 3 students reopening date has been postponed again
Adu-Boahen elevated to Minister of State at Finance Ministry, Okraku-Mantey gets Deputy Tourism Minister position
Akufo-Addo announces nominees for deputy ministerial positions, elevates Charles Adu-Boahen
Travis Barker celebrates Kourtney Kardashian on her birthday
Social media users angry DKB is soliciting funds on behalf of Akuapem Poloo
We set out to protect lives and property – Ghana Police Service on arresting hooligans at match centres
Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
Super League won’t go ahead after English clubs withdraw
Super League: Liverpool owner John W Henry apologises to fans
GNAT asks government to release textbooks based on new curriculum for teachers and pupils
World reacts to death of Chad President Idriss Deby