The 21st edition of the Chartered Institute of Marketing Awards (CIMG Awards 2009) would have sinned against the spirit of its purpose had it turned a blind eye to the ingenuity and creativity in some sections of the Ghanaian media and business circles.
The awards programme aims, among other things, to promote high professional standards in the marketing fraternity as well as encourage excellence among marketing practitioners.
And in the search for persons to celebrate this year, the torch deservingly fell on producer of Joy FM’s flagship programme the Super Morning Show, Sedem Ofori, who led the Zain and Malta Guiness trains to pick two of the institute’s prestigious awards.
Sedem is host of two major television programmes: Zain Touching Life, a TV series which showcases mobile telecom company Zain’s social responsibility towards the needy in society; as well as the Malta Guiness Street Dance, reality television show which hunts for talented dancers hiding in the nooks and crannies.
The strikingly inventive talent who dazzles influential insiders with his unique command of the English language and excellent stagecraft had his TV programme Zain Touching Lives winning the CIMG TV Programme of the Year and his Malta Guiness Street Dance winning the Brand Activation Company of the Year for Guinness.
Sedem was a panelist on his own show the Super Morning Show with Phillip Sowah, the Country Manager of Zain on Monday.
In the interview on the SMS, Sedem who is also studying for his Executive MBA in Finance at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), told host Kojo Oppong Nkrumah he was proud to be associated with the Zain brand.
This is because unlike other social responsibility programmes on TV which run raffles to enrich the rich, the Zain Touching Lives show indeed sought to help the poor.
But Sedem who said leading two top brands to win two prestigious awards is one of his most cherished moments so far reckoned that he owes his achievements to working with the best morning show team on the Super Morning Show.
For people wondering how he is able to maintain a good balance between his TV programmes and the tasking nature of the SMS, the discipline instilled in him by the Multimedia environment is his secret.
He has indeed adopted an outward self which portrays professional enthusiasm and a passion for excellence, qualities he believes must help him impact more on Joy FM’s flagship show.
Story by Fiifi Koomson/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Sack Ashanti Region NSS boss; he is unfit to be director in public service – GRNMA tells government
- Let’s salute Ghanaian farmers – NAFCO boss
- PFAG unhappy about failure of 2023 budget in tackling key constraints in Agric sector
- Government to set up task force on rivers to end illegal mining
- We must address the inequalities holding back Ghana’s AIDS response – HFFG
- Come to our aid – SOGASCO calls for help
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- Sustainable energy expert of Ghanaian descent appointed to US President’s Advisory Council on Doing Business in Africa
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- Node Eight leads digital revolution agenda in the Volta Region
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Royal Choice Academy wins Sinapi Aba’s green and sanitation contest for basic schools
- Wenchi High Court throws out petition against NPP MP’s 2020 election victory
- Ghana will go down the drain should 2023 budget be delayed – Deputy Finance Minister warns
- Peace Council moves to address allegations of ethnic identity-based discrimination, marginalization by Ewes
- Is it unrealistic to expect that my spouse’s life revolves around me?