Kanye West has just made it clear, he’s not gonna end his marriage without a fight, but the fight he’s waging is, well, bizarre.
As we reported, a judge will decide next week whether to restore Kim’s single status.
Kanye’s argument – How does Kim really know he wrote those posts? His lawyer is arguing these social media posts are not only hearsay; they’re double hearsay!
Ye’s lawyer says, “Kim claims she read something online allegedly by Kanye and characterizes the posts in her declaration as misinformation. Kim needed to offer the social media posts into evidence, and show that the posts were written by Kanye.”
The docs never say Kanye didn’t write the posts … just that Kim hasn’t jumped through all the hoops.
But, that’s not all. Kanye’s lawyer now says the prenup can’t be viewed as valid, at least not now. Ye’s attorney says there’s a presumption in California that prenups signed after 2001 are invalid, and the only way they can be validated is either during a trial or if both parties agree.
So, it seems Kanye is saying he hasn’t agreed it’s valid, so it can’t be enforced until there’s a full-blown trial, and that means a big delay.
What Kanye is doing is throwing up roadblocks to stop Kim from becoming single. He previously filed docs saying he would agree to it, but one of the conditions is that all assets be frozen for now. The thing is, they have a prenup that makes all their property separate and Kim needs that money to run her businesses.
It’s highly unlikely the judge will buy what Ye’s lawyer is selling, restoring single status is a routine procedure, and the very point is to separate division of assets from marital status.
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Player Ratings: Black Stars beat Nicaragua in Spain
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Social media reacts to KT Hammond’s criticism of youth who hooted at Akufo-Addo
- “Very frustrating” – Asamoah Gyan on Black Stars midfielders not passing to strikers
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- Too early to speculate on debt restructuring – IMF
- Galamsey takes over rice farms in Upper Denkyira East
- Otto Addo hints at mass changes for Nicaragua friendly
- Lands Ministry begins reclamation of degraded galamsey sites – NAELP Coordinator
- Kirani Ayat responds to the Ghana Tourism Authority
- “Economy is gradually on upswing despite numerous shocks” – Finance Minister
- 17 OMCs failed to pay taxes – Auditor-General’s Report
- Government meets fiscal deficit target of 5.3% of GDP, current expenditure contained
- Homes flooded in Kumasi after hours of rain
- Cocoa Syndication Loan to build strong buffer for cedi – Ofori Atta
- Stanbic Bank partners KNUST WiSTEM to empower women in STEM
- Debt restructuring process with IMF not concluded – Finance Minister
- 2022 World Cup: 70 per cent of current Ghana squad will be in Qatar – Otto Addo
- Apple removes Russia’s largest social network from the App Store
- 11 in 11 years: Hearts of Oak coaches axed under Togbe Afede XIV
- Shakira to stand trial in Spain for tax evasion
- Footage for Akufo-Addo’s tourism video was acquired legitimately from an agency – GTA on Kirani Ayat’s theft claims
- Absa Bank deepens support to Startups and SMEs with ‘YouStart’ partnership