Kelvin Emmanuel Quaye, an emerging menswear designer has emerged as the winner of the 2023 TECNO Ghana Menswear Week ‘Style Man Project’ fashion competition held at Accra World Trade Center recently.
The Style Man Project, a CSR initiative of Ghana Menswear Week organisers seeks to unearth, nurture and manage young and creative upcoming designers in the Menswear market and help project their creativity worldwide with the support of industry experts and partners.
The fashion competition is under the auspices of KGL Foundation, whose CSR values seek to provide sustainable social intervention programmes in the fields of health and sports, entrepreneurship, Youth Empowerment, culture, and arts in Ghana and Woodin, a fashion brand inspired by African art and culture and proudly produced in Ghana.
Three lucky finalists, Emmanuel Kelvin Quaye, Monday Akpan and Nana Ewusie created a four-piece collection each with Woodin Fabrics which was showcased on the runway during Ghana menswear week 2023, after which the winner was selected.
Kelvin as a prize will have the opportunity to participate in an international fashion week, a brand new TECNO Camon 20 phone, brand management and promotions, and mentoring, among other benefits from EApril PR and Vine Imagery.
The 2023 Menswear Week was powered by TECNO Mobile Ghana, KGL Foundation, Hectors Underwear, Vine Imagery and Woodin.
Ghana Menswear Week is a yearly fashion showcase launched in 2016 by Fame Model Management which seeks to create a platform for the showcase of new collections by creative men’s wear designers and brands.
The annual event brings together men’s wear designers, buyers, men’s services providers, bloggers and consumers under one roof.
- Ghanaian winger Joseph Paintsil scores first goal in Genk’s dramatic draw against Truidense
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso
- Premier League: Watkins winner piles more misery on 10-man Chelsea
- Premier League: Arsenal and Tottenham play out thrilling derby draw
- Playback: The Law discusses how to avoid contempt of court
- D-Black’s TV show, Uncut, hits the screens in November
- Leaked tape scandal: Supt. George Asare invites 3 witnesses to testify against IGP
- Radio Ada journalist on trial over publication of fake news about McDan is dead
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too
- Tigst Assefa smashes world marathon record in Berlin, Eliud Kipchoge achieves record fifth win
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers