Afrobeats star KiDi is the latest Ghanaian artiste to pay a visit to the Glitch Africa studio.
In a video posted on Glitch’s social media pages, KiDi performed his new hit single Blessed which features popular Jamaican Dancehall artiste Mavado.
The Lynx Entertainment signee won hearts with his live version of the song.
In an interview with Glitch Africa, KiDi revealed that he wrote this song as a reminder of how blessed he is.
He explained that day in and day out people forget to focus on the good things that happen to them however minuscule and only dwell on the negatives.
Blessed, he said is his way of counting his blessings. On why he featured Mavado, he revealed that a year after he recorded the song he had the privilege of meeting the Jamaican misician, hence the deal.
KiDi said he took that opportunity to send the song to the dancehall artiste whom he felt could understand the message he was relaying and elevate the song with his verse.
Blessed was released in June 2022 to rave reviews. The lyric video has over a million views on YouTube.
- African fintech, Web3 leaders to convene at Africa Money and DeFi summit in Accra
- Domelevo supports removal of Finance Minister and BoG Governor
- Sogbe Amalgamated Family Union launched to champion educational, economic, and social development
- CPP denies forming alliance with Alan Kyerematen ahead of 2024 general elections
- Ellembele MP clashes with DCE over fixing of deplorable roads in the constituency
- At least 9 killed in highway ambush at Pusiga
- Ablakwa challenges Jean Mensa to provide proof that Parliament restricted EC’s operations
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Arrest of protesters shameful, unlawful – Sammy Gyamfi
- His vision continues to inspire us – Ghanaians celebrate Kwame Nkrumah on his birthday
- Akufo-Addo urges international community to support efforts to resolve Africa’s conflict
- Aflao Border main gate temporary closed for security screening – Ghana Immigration Service
- Samson’s Take: Democracy in danger – stop the police now! Pt. III
- Dr Bawumia visits Enchi voter registration centre
- Briphildon Foundation calls for African renaissance
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Heavy security at Jubilee House after arrest of protestors