Kimathi and Partners in collaboration with the office of students with special needs at the University of Ghana has implemented a programme to support students with a disability.
The initiative includes a grant which will be accessible to persons with disability who gain admission to the University of Ghana.
The grant which was initially given to blind persons will now be extended to every student with a disability.
The reform was announced at a symposium organised by the benefactors on Wednesday.
Among other things, Kimathi and Partners discussed with the beneficiaries job opportunities, development of soft entrepreneurial skills and provide general advice.
Valarie Hilda from Kimathi and Partners speaking to JoyNews highlighted the importance of inclusiveness in the development of the country.
According to her, persons with disability should not be marginalise in the building of the nation.
“We want to help these minority groups so that they can have equal opportunities in society,” he said.
As a person living with a disability, a legal practitioner asked the community to be resilient and dedicated to their education.
He also hoped that, in the near future, persons living with a disability will be given the opportunity to be a decision maker.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Majority leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’
- Teachers are poised to teach, but no logistics – GNAT
- Sex is a very healthy aerobic exercise – Dr. Yaw Osarfo
- Four men jailed for molesting a teenager at Agogo
- ‘I’m excited to show everyone at Southampton what I can do’ – Kamaldeen Sulemana
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu