If it’s one artist who can for sure get the people moving, it’s Lizzo.
The Houston-raised rapper is known for incorporating themes of body positivity, confidence and self-love into her music.
In response to our current moment, a Pittsburgh kindergarten teacher turned Lizzo’s “Good As Hell” into a fun bop for her students, instilling in them the importance of wearing a mask and social distancing.
While Lizzo says, “I do my hair toss / Check my nails / Baby how you feelin’? / Feeling good as hell,” teacher Kellee Gnipp put her own spin on the popular song, enthusiastically singing, “I put my mask on, check my space. Kids how you feeling? Feeling good and safe.”
The 52-second video remixed the chorus and the first verse of Lizzo’s track, bringing tons of joy to students, which can be seen clearly in the video.
“Woo class, it’s a good morning. Brush your shoulders off, let’s get learning,” Gnipp continued. “Yes kids, we love kindergarten. I’m so proud of you, now let’s get started.”
Facebook commenters praised Gnipp for her Lizzo cover.
“Great song for the kiddos! They r lucky to have you as their teacher, keep up the great work!” Judit Ganchuk commented.
“Love this! If you’d be willing to share your lyrics, we’ll all be singing with you in Oswego, New York Kindergartens!” Facebook user MaryLynne Stevenson Maxwell said.
I think the natural next step is for Lizzo to feature Gnipp on an official, education-pumped remix.
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Some OMCs start reducing fuel prices, GOIL down by 3.5%
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- Ghana football: How to dribble around nationality rules
- Cyril Ramaphosa: South African president faces threat of impeachment over ‘Farmgate’
- Moody’s downgrade is a signal that investors must exercise patience – Prof. Peprah
- Seek out Vulture investors now – Prof. Peprah to Ofori-Atta
- Banks, investment firms have not acted fairly towards Ghanaian investors – Dr. Atuahene
- National Queen Mothers Platform joins fight against illegal mining
- Defer interest payments and pay principals – Prof. Peprah
- Harmattan Season: Wildfires destroy food crops in North-East Region
- NHIA opens new office at Mion
- Second Lady calls for comprehensive development of children
- Include persons with mental health conditions in immunization programmes – MindFreedom Ghana to GHS
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians – Prof. Stephen Adei
- Directors of ‘The Woman King’ auditioned me for a role – Prince David Osei
- Government’s management of economy commendable – Prof Adei
- Supreme Court dismisses suit against GRA’s pay 30% before challenging Act