If it’s one artist who can for sure get the people moving, it’s Lizzo.
The Houston-raised rapper is known for incorporating themes of body positivity, confidence and self-love into her music.
In response to our current moment, a Pittsburgh kindergarten teacher turned Lizzo’s “Good As Hell” into a fun bop for her students, instilling in them the importance of wearing a mask and social distancing.
While Lizzo says, “I do my hair toss / Check my nails / Baby how you feelin’? / Feeling good as hell,” teacher Kellee Gnipp put her own spin on the popular song, enthusiastically singing, “I put my mask on, check my space. Kids how you feeling? Feeling good and safe.”
The 52-second video remixed the chorus and the first verse of Lizzo’s track, bringing tons of joy to students, which can be seen clearly in the video.
“Woo class, it’s a good morning. Brush your shoulders off, let’s get learning,” Gnipp continued. “Yes kids, we love kindergarten. I’m so proud of you, now let’s get started.”
Facebook commenters praised Gnipp for her Lizzo cover.
“Great song for the kiddos! They r lucky to have you as their teacher, keep up the great work!” Judit Ganchuk commented.
“Love this! If you’d be willing to share your lyrics, we’ll all be singing with you in Oswego, New York Kindergartens!” Facebook user MaryLynne Stevenson Maxwell said.
I think the natural next step is for Lizzo to feature Gnipp on an official, education-pumped remix.
- #FixTheCountry: How an IGP meet-up turned into a ‘Cabinet Meeting’, without the IGP – Convenor reveals
- Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
- We tried to have children for about 10 years – Ebo Whyte’s wife recounts
- #FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
- I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
- It’ll take time for government to get economy back on track – Kojo Oppong Nkrumah
- Vehicle towing cost to be borne by insurance industry – NIC Commissioner
- Benjamin Azamati qualifies for Tokyo Olympics 200m event
- Electoral Commission has no beef with NDC – Bossman Asare
- #FixTheCountry: Bang your utensils, toot your horns on Sunday – Conveners announce format for virtual protest
South Sudan’s president dissolves Parliament
Akufo-Addo is fixing the country’s challenges better – Kojo Opoku
Let’s jealously defend the Constitution – NCCE
Prof Sitsofe Enyonam Anku
Angry Ghanaian youth take #FixTheCountry protests to social media after court injunction
Mothers’ Day message from First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo
GAF appeals for support for 37 Military Hospital
#FixTheCountry convener’s claim of phone cloning false and baseless – Oppong Nkrumah
#FixTheCountry: Bang your utensils, toot your horns on Sunday – Conveners announce format for virtual protest
Collapsed gold mine kills at least 15 in Guinea
Mother’s Day: Your hard work will never go unrewarded – Lordina Mahama
AU Heads of States direct AfCFTA negotiations to be concluded by June
Electoral Commission has no beef with NDC – Bossman Asare
Joe Ligon: America’s ‘longest juvenile lifer’ on 68 years in prison
Gunmen kill seven police officers in Nigeria