The Equatorial Guinean government represented by the Ministry of Mines and Hydrocarbons has announced that Kosmos Energy has made an oil discovery in offshore Equatorial Guinea.
The S-5 well was drilled at a total depth of 4,400 meters and encountered 39 meters of net oil play in the Santonian reservoir, in the offshore Rio Muni Basin.
The discovery was the first well drilled in Kosmos’ infrastructure-led exploration (ILX) in offshore Equatorial Guinea.
The drilling of the S-5 well was accelerated following exciting 3D seismic acquired in 2018. Partners in the S-5 well include GEPetrol (20%), Trident Energy (40%) and Kosmos (40%).
Kosmos Energy has operated in Equatorial Guinea since 2018. Further evaluation work is ongoing to establish the full extent of the discovered resource and determine a schedule of the development phase.
“We are very excited about the results of the S-5 well, the first well drilled in this ongoing exploration campaign. The discovery is a strong validation of our strategy to replace oil reserves by exploring the highly prospective oil basins like Rio Muni.
“We are eager to establish more oil prospects in offshore Equatorial Guinea,” said H.E. Gabriel Mbaga Obiang Lima, Minister of Mines and Hydrocarbons. “This is good for more jobs and opportunities for our citizens and investors,” he added.
- Celebrities, luxury cars flood social media as Kwame Despite sparks reaction with birthday
- New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside home in ‘despicable criminal act’
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- There is no biometric record of Victor Kusi Boateng in our database – NIA tells Ablakwa
- I feel pain after sex with my husband of 9 years, I don’t know how to tell him – Emotionally troubled woman
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- NIA’s statement affirms issuing Ghana Card in the name of Kwabena Adu Gyamfi – Ablakwa
- Bawku is a complete war zone – Security analyst
- It is unreasonable for Opuni’s case to drag on for 6 years – Attorney General
- Man admits treason charge over Queen crossbow threat
- Samsung unveils new Galaxy S23 Series
- Concerned UG Students embark on ‘Ya Br3 Mo’ Demo
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- We do not have BoG forex rates, what we publish are indicative – 1st Deputy Governor
- Watch Akufo-Addo dance with Zanetor Rawlings
- Ghana Armed Forces deny allegations of killings in Bawku
- ‘I don’t want to think I’m powerful’ – Ameyaw Debrah
- ‘Partey is still a doubt for the Everton game’ – Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- Krobea Asante violent disturbances: 43 suspects granted bail
- Security experts advise risk assessment to avert reprisals at Kofrom
- Schools in Tema yet to receive JHS Two textbooks – GNAT
- Use Mid-Year Budget Review to cut expenditure to complement DDEP – Prof. Mensah
- It’s time to turn the chapter – Kamaldeen Sulemana on Southampton move