Traders who had their wares destroyed in a fire outbreak at the Kotokoraba Market in Cape Coast have appealed for government aid.
Sunday’s fire destroyed several shops and a number of temporal structures at the Kotokoraba Market which serves a a major commercial centre in the Central Region.
Joy News’ Central Regional Correspondent, Richard Kojo Nyarko, reported that activities at Kotokoraba lorry station have also slowed following Sunday’s fire.
Some of the affected traders who spoke to Joy News expressed shock at the incident.
Meanwhile investigations into the cause of the fire are still underway.
Listen to the attached audio for Richard Kojo Nyarko’s report.
- NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license
- Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
- Emanuella features in Australian action film ‘Survive Or Die’
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- Guinness Ghana’s Samuel Meyir Dery Joins FanMilk as new Marketing Director
- Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
Lack of public trust, confidence stalled Agyapa Mineral Royalties agreement – Steve Manteaw
Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
IEPA, UNESCO Category II institute Inaugurates board members for West Africa toward achieving SDG 4
Let’s take charge of our future and our resources – Anika and Jabari Osaze
Motorbikes, tricycles contributes over 40% deaths, enforce law on banning – GPRTU
Education institutions must pay domestic utility tariff – TMA
Cocoa Management System will track progress of children in school – Cocobod
Tema East MP hails Speaker Bagbin and Dean of Presiding Members
All set for opening of IIPGH Digital Design & Creative Hub
Prudential Bank discusses transportation at 2nd AfCFTA Summit
NDC risks losing party bigwigs over accountability issues – Mohammed Frimpong
4 suspected phone snatchers nabbed at Ashaiman
Madina MP launches educational fund to mark 100 days in office
Teberebie residents receive free medical care
Pizza Express moves to hire 1,000 staff after cutting 2,400 jobs last year