The Association of Ghana Industries (AGI) has welcomed the establishment of the National Ghana Development Bank, hoping it will improve the access to credit industries, following the effects of covid-19 pandemic on the Ghanaian economy.
Speaking at the launch of the 10th Ghana Quality Awards, Chief Executive of the AGI, Seth Twum-Akwaboah reiterated the need for the government to prioritize the full recovery and resilience of local industries.
“Even as we appreciate the government’s efforts in creating an enabling environment for businesses to stay competitive, we believe more can be done to keep businesses competitive and resilient. We also welcome the National Development Bank but government must ensure the bank functions. Survival of businesses must be prioritized,” Mr. Twum-Akwaboah stated.
Director-General of the Ghana Standards Authority, Professor Alex Dodoo, expressed his outfit’s support for the AGI’s Quality Awards.
According to him, the 10th Ghana Quality Awards complements efforts by the GSA to ensure standards among companies and products.
“Standards are everything. At the Standards Authority, we aim to see businesses becoming much competitive for the Africa Continental Free Trade Agreement Area. All that will separate them from other brands and products are standards, and we are leading the course to do just that through partnerships as this,” he stated.
The launch of the 10th Ghana Quality Awards sets the pace for this year’s event which centers on repositioning industries to leverage of the Africa Continental Free Trade Area.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- Saudi Arabia coach Herve Renard resigns
- IMF reluctant to approve bailout because of huge budget deficit – Prof. Bokpin
- Ghana has failed to play its foreign policy well – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Ghana should be careful not to fall into a geopolitical trap – Dr. Hlorvor
- Ghana is important to the US – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Gold Mafia: Kenyan once honoured with ‘Lifetime Africa Achievement’ uncovered as Africa’s foremost gold smuggler
- Why Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ is a ‘maybe’
- You can’t intervene in anti-LGBTQ+ bill; you’re not in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo
- Tarkwa Rotary Club conducts medical screening for inmates of Tarkwa prisons
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- GhLA CEO Hayford Siaw honoured by global philanthropy organisation, Reach for Change
- World Water Day: Youth engagement maximized to achieve SDG 6
- Livestream: PM Express discusses US-Ghana relations
- Hey please! I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Bole-Bamboi MP calls for rerun of the election that approved six ministerial nominees