Audio By Carbonatix
Libya's central bank (CBL) says it has resumed operations following the release of a bank official who had been abducted from his home.
CBL confirmed the release of Musaab Muslamm, head of the bank's information technology department, who was taken on Sunday by an "unidentified party."
It said Mr Msallem had been taken from the capital, Tripoli, and that other bank employees had been threatened with kidnapping too.
CBL had halted all work, refusing to reopen until Mr Msallem was freed.
In a brief statement on Monday afternoon, the bank said it was back running as normal as Mr Msallem had returned and was "safe".
The central bank, which is independent but owned by the Libyan state, is the only internationally recognised depository for Libyan oil revenues - a vital economic income for a country torn for years between two rival governments in Tripoli and Benghazi.

Mr Msallem's abduction comes a week after the central bank suffered a siege by armed men, according to AFP news agency.
According to local media cited by AFP, the armed men did so to force the resignation of the bank's governor Seddik al-Kabir.
In office since 2012, Mr Kabir has faced criticism over the management of oil resources and the state budget.
On Monday, Mr Kabir discussed "the increasing threats to the security and safety of the central bank, its employees and its systems" with British ambassador to Libya Martin Longden, CBL said in a statement on Monday.
Since the ousting and killing of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in 2011, the country has suffered from chronic insecurity.
The country has been divided by power struggles and currently has two governments - a UN-recognised one based in Tripoli, and another in the country's east backed by warlord Gen Khalifa Haftar.
Latest Stories
-
Joy FM to host maiden Back-to-School PrayerFest ahead of new academic year
2 minutes -
Ghana must legislate minimum community development obligations for mining companies – Mireku Duker
12 minutes -
GoldBod costs could have been minimised with better planning – Prof. Bokpin
13 minutes -
GoldBod operations imposing losses on BoG balance sheet – Prof Bokpin
17 minutes -
Mining must improve lives in host communities, not just national figures – Presidency
26 minutes -
Nigeria influencer arrested after seizure of cocaine worth $28m destined for the UK
40 minutes -
Gender Minister inspects nutrition training for School Feeding caterers in Northern Region
41 minutes -
GoldBod to fund rehabilitation of six water treatment plants affected by mining
46 minutes -
ORC challenges CSA cybersecurity sanction, says penalty was premature and procedurally unfair
48 minutes -
GoldBod to introduce gold traceability system by end of 2026 – Sammy Gyamfi
55 minutes -
Photos: Eleventh batch of Ghanaian evacuees arrive from South Africa
57 minutes -
GETFund explains mandate as EFPI expands partnerships to support Ghana’s education sector
1 hour -
US$4.8bn SME financing gap exposes Ghana’s credit challenge — A call for swift implementation of open banking, open finance reforms
1 hour -
Ghana is open to responsible mining, investment – Minerals Commission
1 hour -
Driver busted with cocaine at Accra International Airport
1 hour