Argentina’s FIFA World Cup winning star Lionel Messi has commissioned gold iPhones for every member of his team and support staff who were part of the historic win over France in the final in Qatar 2022.
According to a report in The Sun, the 24-carat devices, worth £175,000 (Approximately GH¢2.6 million), have the player’s names, numbers and the Argentinian logo engraved on them. Messi had them delivered to his Parisian apartment on Saturday.
The Sun quoted their source as saying: “Lionel wanted to do something special and blingy to celebrate his proudest moment. He got in touch with entrepreneur Ben Lyons and they came up with the design together.
The report also quoted Ben, CEO of iDesign Gold, “Lionel is not only the Goat but he’s one of IDESIGN GOLD’s most loyal customers and got in touch with us a couple of months after the World Cup final. He said he wanted a special gift for all the players and staff to celebrate the amazing win but didn’t want the usual gift of watches.
“So, I suggested gold iPhones inscribed with their names and he loved the idea.”
Argentina won their third world cup title defeating France 4-2 in penalties and captain Lionel Messi won his first world cup trophy.
Argentina’s world cup winning squad– Emi Martinez, Franco Armani, Geronimo Rulli, Marcos Acuna, Juan Foyth, Lisandro Martinez, Nicolas Tagliafico, Cristian Romero, Nicolas Otamendi, Nahuel Molina, Gonzalo Montiel, German Pezzella, Angel Di Maria, Leandro Paredes, Rodrigo De Paul, Alexis Mac Allister, Enzo Fernandez, Exequiel Palacios, Guido Rodriguez, Lionel Messi, Lautaro Martinez, Paulo Dybala, Angel Correa, Julian Alvarez, Thiago Almada, Alejandro Gomez
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- World Bank: Ghana likely to receive first tranche of $300 million by September if … – Frank Laporte
- Chiefs endorsing candidates and political parties unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- Perez Chapel’s Agyinasare given 14 days to appear before Nogokpo traditional leaders
- Man slashes wife for asking for divorce
- Assin North by-election: NPP closes nomination as two persons pick forms
- Surfline SIMs removed from Central SIM Database
- Beneficiaries of StanChart Women in Technology programme share inspiring stories
- Benin petrol prices soar as Nigeria moves to end subsidy
- Funding for social intervention programmes could be cut if reforms are not implemented – World Bank Country Director
- Many Ghanaian girls have made sex cheap – Akuapem Poloo
- Bill Cosby faces new sexual assault lawsuit from former Playboy model
- Newly commissioned Catechist dies during Communion Service at Gowrie
- Coronation of King Charles III: How UK in Ghana marked the event
- NPA to commence prosecution of criminal acts under NPA Act 691
- Drive Safe Campaign: Accra-Tema Motorway Emergency Response & First Aid Post abandoned
- GBC staff issue one-week ultimatum over cancelled allowances
- US Embassy to help scale up Zipline’s operations after its impact in Ghana
- Lack of transparency and accountability may force us to cut support to School Feeding Programme – World Bank
- Referees’ body PGMOL condemns abuse directed at Europa League final referee
- Pensioner Bonds: Government promises to clear all 5 outstanding coupons immediately
- Vodafone Ghana boss Patricia Obo-Nai recognised among top women CEOs in Africa