Lamicare Foundation, a non-governmental organisation, is rolling out a program to support poverty eradication and enhance education among children.
The target areas are in line with the attainment of goals one and four of the Sustainable Development Goals.
The program includes resourcing of underprivileged basic schools in the country.
Founder of the Foundation, Carla Opoku Agyemang, explains that “the foundation seeks to work towards the promotion of the aims and objectives of the UN and its system for the development of society, and in pursuance of its vision and guiding principles”.
By 2030, Ghana among other countries is expected to “ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.”
Though the government is making efforts to meet the target, the NGO believes there is the need to quicken the pace.
Already, thousands of exercise books and other education materials have been distributed to some schools in the country.
Some deprived schools in the Nhyiaeso Constituency of the Ashanti Region, including Atasemanso R/C Basic School and Apraman M/A Basic School, are among the beneficiaries.
“The Foundation is undertaking projects and programs that facilitates alleviating child poverty by supporting underprivileged children in the country through social works, donations and community assistance at both the regional and national level,” said Mrs. Carla Opoku Agyemang.
She added that “the project sought to encourage and offer mentorship to pupils in basic schools by offering them support with their academic work”.
- Celebrities, luxury cars flood social media as Kwame Despite sparks reaction with birthday
- New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside home in ‘despicable criminal act’
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- There is no biometric record of Victor Kusi Boateng in our database – NIA tells Ablakwa
- I feel pain after sex with my husband of 9 years, I don’t know how to tell him – Emotionally troubled woman
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- NIA’s statement affirms issuing Ghana Card in the name of Kwabena Adu Gyamfi – Ablakwa
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Bawku is a complete war zone – Security analyst
- It is unreasonable for Opuni’s case to drag on for 6 years – Attorney General
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- Krobea Asante violent disturbances: 43 suspects granted bail
- Security experts advise risk assessment to avert reprisals at Kofrom
- Schools in Tema yet to receive JHS Two textbooks – GNAT
- Use Mid-Year Budget Review to cut expenditure to complement DDEP – Prof. Mensah
- ‘It’s time to turn the chapter’ – Kamaldeen Sulemana on Southampton move
- Boomplay to celebrate African Music Excellence at the 65th Grammys with free subscription
- Apple sales in biggest fall since 2019
- Krachi East: 600 NPP delegates declare support for Bawumia
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Gunmen kill police chief, 7 others in central Nigeria
- 8 best educational shows for kids of all ages
- Court grants bail to 30 ‘commercial sex’ accused persons; 4 cautioned
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- Ecobank wins Best Place to Work in Africa 2022 Award