A resident of Sorodae, a suburb of Koforidua in the Eastern region, Kwaku Manu, has allegedly butchered a 19-year-old mother of one for refusing to have sex with him.
The incident happened at about 1am Friday, February 5, 2016.
Maame Ama Kyerewaa, the grandmother of the victim, Mabel, narrated the events to Myjoyonline.com.
Speaking in her native Twi language, she said, 'she heard granddaughter shouting for help. 'I rushed in to find Kwaku Manu standing by Mabel who was lying in a pool of blood on the floor and butchering her with a machete,' she added.
Maame Kyerewaa, who is also a midwife said she rushed out to call some neighbours to help her stop Kwaku but by the time she got back, he left.
Mabel, a student of Ellen White SDA Junior High School in Koforidua, shares a room with her child in the same house in which Kwaku Manu lives.
According to Maame Ama Kyerewaa, Mabel and her siblings have been living with her since the death of their parents. She got pregnant and gave birth at age 15.
She says she took in the suspect who also lost his parents some seven years ago.
Kwaku Manu has been professing his love for Mabel for a long time but she advised him to consider her as a sister, she said.
Kwaku, can sometimes disappears for days. He returned home a few days ago with a phone.
He came to me and said it was a gift from someone but he could not use it so he needed a buyer. I bought the phone, Maame Kyerewaa added.
She said Kwaku Manu later stole the phone forcing her to evict him from the house.
'He came to me just yesterday saying he was sorry and that he wouldn’t repeat it again. So I pardoned him and now see what he has brought upon me,' Maame Kyerewaa cried.
Describing the extent of the victim's injuries, Maame Kyerewaa said the suspect hacked the back of Mabel’s neck, her knee, her face and some other parts of her body.
The victim is currently receiving treatment at the Koforidua Government Hospital.
Manu is on the run but the police have mounted a search for him.
- Effia Nkwanta Regional Hospital confirmed Takoradi woman was never pregnant – Police
- I’ve relocated because of royalty issues in Ghana – Kwaw Kesse
- Check out where to receive 1st and 2nd doses of Covid-19 vaccine from Sept. 24 to 29
- Prophet in court for allegedly sexually molesting 3 teenage boys
- We’re working to recognise Ghana’s vaccine certificate as soon as possible – UK
- Playback: GFA unveils Milovan Rajevac as Black Stars head coach
- Win AFCON 2021, qualify for World Cup 2022 for $600k – GFA tells Milovan Rajevac
- Tweneboah Kodua SHS authorities accused of negligence leading to death of final year student
- Covid-19: GHS to start immunisation exercise for unvaccinated citizens on Friday
- Kenkey price doubles as maize prices soar; Agric Minister assures stability soon
9 players from Milo’s first spell still active, but who can the Serb count on?
Police advises public to exercise caution when making huge financial transactions
Takoradi woman confesses to not being pregnant – Ghana Police Service
Ghana has spent over $4 million on head coaches since Milovan Rajevac first left
Getting D7 in WASSCE should not be a barrier to tertiary education – Education Minister
Getting D7 in WASSCE should not be a barrier to accessing tertiary education – Education Minister
‘Otanipole’ Concept: Ghana encouraged to employ the use of plastic tires to reduce accidents
The return of Milovan Rajevac: A nostalgic or technical appointment?
God wouldn’t have made Adam sleep, if he wanted man to understand a woman – Joy FM Listener
Mentoring: An empowering virtuous circle
Asokwa Municipal Assembly endorses Akwannuasa Gyimah for second term as MCE
Milo has the full respect of Black Stars players – Kurt Okraku
Tarika, Origin8 launch EBIMS-airwatch
Rotary clubs refurbish Ankaful prison annex infirmary
I have the final say on national team invitations – Milovan Rajevac