A 23-year-old woman has sustained severe injuries at her back after her husband allegedly pushed her into a pot of hot water at Odumasi, a farming community in the Nkwanta of the Oti Region.
The victim, Linda Agyei, suffered the horrific incident because she failed to serve her husband, Naru Yakubu, 27, supper when he returned from the farm.
Speaking from her hospital bed Madam Agyei accused her husband of being an abusive man.
She told Adom News’ Obrempongba K. Owusu that Mr Yakubu continuously refuses to provide money for housekeeping and physically abuses her anytime she fails to serve him food.
“I always have to struggle to make ends meet to provide for the family because I know he will not give cater for anything at home,” she said.
Narrating the occurrence, Madam Agyei said her husband, upon realising she had not prepared super for him, physically maltreated her, and as though it wasn’t enough, he pushed her into a pot of hot water.
She was subsequently rushed to the Nkwanta Municipal hospital, where she is currently on admission and receiving treatment.
The mother of two further pleaded for support to fund the rather expensive medical bills.
Meanwhile, the suspect is on the run.
- Former Energy Minister caused $170m loss to the state – John Jinapor
- CID to investigate Power Purchasing Agreement that resulted in $170m judgment debt – AG
- Dr. Mac-Palm was the main brain behind the plot to overthrow government – Military Chief alleges
- AstraZeneca, Sputnik V vaccines potent against Covid-19 Delta variant – GHS
- Controversial Judgment Debt: Power Purchasing Agreement between Ghana and GPGC explained
- Parliament to pass stringent law to fight activities of LGBTQI+ – Bagbin
- ‘You will not be Attorney General forever’ – Jinapor to Godfred Dame
- Kenneth Awotwe Darko: ‘I made a career out of telling stories of my pain’ – Why Omar Sterling’s album was worth the wait
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, June 23, 2021
- Alan Kyerematen, Akufo-Addo visit two 1D1Fs in Bawumia’s hometown
ECG announces 22 days of ‘dumsor’ for parts of Accra
Teacher welfare concerns to be addressed with alacrity – Ntim Fordjour
Euros On MGL: Spain thrash Slovakia to reach last 16
Many youth in Kumasi are contracting Covid-19 – John Amuasi
GPL wrap: Kotoko reclaim top spot after victory over Karela, Dreams climb into top 4
Judgment debt saga: We did not pay attention to letter of agreement – Ben Boakye
Strong partnerships and boldness needed to tackle Covid-19 challenges – Akufo-Addo
FanMilk Ghana inaugurates new office to expand business
KMA targets $1m under 2021 Global Mayors Challenge
Covid-19: Government has paid GH¢500m out of GH¢896m for free water supply -Cecilia Dapaah
The quality of our music is declining – Appietus
Hollard Insurance MD, Daniel Boi Addo hosts webinar on Insuretech
DCOP (Rtd) Opare Addo was removed from office for obstructing his successors work – Kan Dapaah
Bullion van attack: Insurers can’t honour claims arising from unamoured cash-transit vehicles – ASIAC
Absa Bank Ghana rolls out MoneyGram services